T1 356A Battery Floor Questions

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

T1 356A Battery Floor Questions

#1 Post by Brett Johnson »

This is something that started on the Pre-A Corner about floor drains on battery floors. It seems that they continued to be used on at least early flat battery floor 356As, where you can see two illustrated in the attached photo from the 356A driver's manual. I'd like to know if these are present on your '56 and/or '57 coupe, cabriolet or Speedster and the corresponding chassis number.

For 1957, do you have the flat floor or the one with the depressed central rib? Information in Authenticity 3 has the change between Speedsters 83378 and 83498 (mid-1957). These are the only chassis numbers I have for any model.

I also need good quality color photos of these top and bottom on original or correctly restored cars for Authenticity IV.
Attachments
L56floor0.jpg
Brett Johnson

Brett Johnson
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: T1 356A Battery Floor Questions

#2 Post by Brett Johnson »

I asked for it, I got it (offline...). Here is a flat floor 1956 (calendar year) 356A with a single front drain. This is an unrestored, low mile car. I am still looking for others with one, two or no drains and respective chassis numbers to determine when the changes occurred.
Attachments
L960.jpg
L305.jpg
Brett Johnson