What the heck is this?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Bob Forman
356 Fan

What the heck is this?

#1 Post by Bob Forman »

No idea who or what this is but it was on Seattle craigslist today. Seems presumptuous at a minimum.....or perhaps we're missing a great employment opportunity. https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/ ... 67135.html
Bob Forman

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

Re: What the heck is this?

#2 Post by Steve Douglas »

"Asset Management" has it is commonly called is a very viable business. My son gets paid well for his regular visits to occasionally inhabited homes to check the electronics, surveillance and climate equipment. There is a local family who have a multi-million dollar business doing this. One brother makes sure that the yard and homes are maintained, a sister does the decorating, stocking of food and staging for parties prior to their arrival, and the younger brother takes care of the cars, boats and planes. Money is not an issue here, and yes there may currently be some opportunities for this kind of employment, but it's not something for the retired part-time person as they have to be ready at a moments notice to make sure that things are ready. Discrete is foremost concern for most, normally there is no advertisements for these services such as the Craigslist ad, word of mouth and referrals. There is also the guys with so many toys that need a small staff to keep them up, as it is more than one person can do.

chris romney
356 Fan

Re: What the heck is this?

#3 Post by chris romney »

The advertiser used to have a small independent dealership called M cars which was unsurprisingly focused on BMW's. Although the Seattle City Council seems to be focused on narrowing streets and closing car lanes to build bike lanes at $1 million plus per mile, there are still a lot of car lovers in the metro Seattle area with the means to own all sorts of exotic machinery new and old. All they have to do is pay attention and dodge the potholes so they won't bend a rim. I'm sure he'll find plenty of takers.