1955 Turkish Red Glasurit Colour code please

For those who obsess about exactly how their 356 left the factory!
Alexander George
356 Fan

1955 Turkish Red Glasurit Colour code please

#1 Post by Alexander George »

Hello All,
I need to get some paint, and got stuck as i cannot find the Glasurit colour code for Turkish Red.
Help please.
Thanks
Kind regards
Alex
1955 Pre A Reutter Coupe Vin #53232

John Brooks
356 Fan

Re: 1955 Turkish Red Glasurit Colour code please

#2 Post by John Brooks »

It's not showing up on the web Glasurit web site. Good luck. You can search the site by model
https://color-online.glasurit.com
John Brooks

62 Roadster
66 912
84 Cab
getting pushed around in porsches since 1965

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#3 Post by Spencer Harris »

John Brooks wrote:It's not showing up on the web Glasurit web site. Good luck. You can search the site by model
Turkish Red is on the Glasurit Classic Car Colors site, but they only give the Porsche# and the Reutter#.
Glasurit CCC Online - Turkish Red.JPG
https://coloronline.glasurit.com/CCC/html/index.php

Tony Ryan made a cautionary observation in a 2009 post that must still ring true:
Synthetic Pigments.JPG
http://forum.porsche356registry.org/vie ... f=1&t=8235
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Alexander George
356 Fan

#4 Post by Alexander George »

Spencer Harris wrote:
John Brooks wrote:It's not showing up on the web Glasurit web site. Good luck. You can search the site by model
Turkish Red is on the Glasurit Classic Car Colors site, but they only give the Porsche# and the Reutter#.
Glasurit CCC Online - Turkish Red.JPG
https://coloronline.glasurit.com/CCC/html/index.php

Tony Ryan made a cautionary observation in a 2009 post that must still ring true:
Synthetic Pigments.JPG
http://forum.porsche356registry.org/vie ... f=1&t=8235

Spencer you are Ace as always.
I think i better try and get the original formula for the Turkish Red.
Any one knows someone who might help.
I tried looking and googled it but never managed to get the Turkish Red Colour Formula
Thanks

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#5 Post by James Davies »

There's no such thing as "original formula" anymore. The old pigments are no longer made, so an original formula is useless. The best you can do is match to original paint, which is what the formulas above on Glasurit's color site are. They may be good, they may be bad. You're the judge. Hopefully you have some original Turkish red paint on your car to match or compare to.

Alexander George
356 Fan

#6 Post by Alexander George »

James Davies wrote:There's no such thing as "original formula" anymore. The old pigments are no longer made, so an original formula is useless. The best you can do is match to original paint, which is what the formulas above on Glasurit's color site are. They may be good, they may be bad. You're the judge. Hopefully you have some original Turkish red paint on your car to match or compare to.
Dear James,
Thanks for your reply.
I still have a little turkish red colour under the hand brake bracket.
i think it would be best to get the guy and take a photo of the colour so he matches the colour digitally.
will see.
hopefully someone did use Glasurit lately and have a formula to match
thanks

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#7 Post by Spencer Harris »

Alexander George wrote:
James Davies wrote:There's no such thing as "original formula" anymore. The old pigments are no longer made, so an original formula is useless. The best you can do is match to original paint, which is what the formulas above on Glasurit's color site are. They may be good, they may be bad. You're the judge. Hopefully you have some original Turkish red paint on your car to match or compare to.
Dear James,
Thanks for your reply.
i think it would be best to get the guy and take a photo of the colour so he matches the colour digitally.
will see.
thanks
Alex,
If your dash was Turkish Red you may find original paint on each end where it's attached to A-pillar. (Obviously no help if it was a contrasting color.) You might also look at the underside of the ornamental door tops and under the chassis plate on the driver's hinge cover. If you don't have a paint sample for a direct scan I think you might get a more accurate scan if you buy a spray-out card from Willhoit and have the card scanned rather than a photograph. Reds are tricky and can look very different in photographs as well as in different lighting environments.
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.

Alexander George
356 Fan

#8 Post by Alexander George »

Spencer Harris wrote:
Alexander George wrote:
Dear James,
Thanks for your reply.
will see.
thanks
Alex,
If your dash was Turkish Red you may find original paint on each end where it's attached to A-pillar. (Obviously no help if it was a contrasting color.) You might also look at the underside of the ornamental door tops and under the chassis plate on the driver's hinge cover. If you don't have a paint sample for a direct scan I think you might get a more accurate scan if you buy a spray-out card from Willhoit and have the card scanned rather than a photograph. Reds are tricky and can look very different in photographs as well as in different lighting environments.
Hello,
The only point i still have red is on the heater pipe under the dash were the hand brake bracket is attached.
Regarding the Photo, it is a special photo ( so called photo) which the car Spray Dealers Have.
It actually is not a camera but a tool to get Paint formula from a sprayed/coloured surface.
Will try my best to get the colour as close as possible to the original.
Thanks

stevewinter
356 Fan

#9 Post by stevewinter »

Hi Alex,
I also have a Turkish red 54 coupe.L have a perfect paint formula that matched the original paint I have on my car. The files are too large to upload but pm me your email and I will be happy to share it all with you
Steve