The Rudge Quest

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
M Penta
356 Fan

Re: The Rudge Quest

#46 Post by M Penta »

I am usually not that crazy about these wheels, but they look great on this car and appear to be in very nice shape. Excessive un-sprung weight on a 356 is probably a mortal sin for motorsport applications, but on a road car it should be fine.

Adam has other cars for motorsport stuff anyway...

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#47 Post by Adam Wright »

Edwin Ek wrote:Adam,

Congrats, they look sharp! Interested to hear your thoughts about the change in steering feel and handling with the Rudges.
I drove it for a few minutes today, they are still tuning it. The only noticeable change was the new drums were a little touchy with the old shoes. I'm running it in the Peekskill Grand Prix in October, I can report back after that.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#48 Post by Adam Wright »

I drove the car today from my mechanic back to my shop and here are my observations.
1. Yes the wheels are heavier, you can notice more at low speeds. I know my car and know how much I normally gas it.
2. The steering actually feels better because of the heaviness, it might just be a phantom feeling, but it feels stronger with more weight on the wheels.

The car is all set up at the open house, along with a much much older cousin.
Attachments
rudgesplit.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#49 Post by Adam Wright »

The final piece fell into place, thanks to Ed for saving me a spinner. The Rudge circle is now complete. Feels good.
Attachments
finalpiece.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#50 Post by Jim Breazeale »

Here is the end result of my quest for Fudges
Attachments
IMG_1125.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#51 Post by Adam Wright »

I got the last spinner on, and welded up the one that was missing the center, so I'm going to call the Rudge set done, can't wait for the Peekskill Grand Prix in two weeks!
Attachments
13.JPG
12.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#52 Post by Adam Wright »

The circle is now complete, I snagged the final 5th Rudge. Luckily a combination of the prices coming down and a friend hooking me up means the last one didn't hurt as bad as some of the earlier ones. No cheap date, these Rudges!
Attachments
finalrudgewheel.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#53 Post by Adam Wright »

Done.
Attachments
IMG_6676.jpg
IMG_6676.jpg (907.78 KiB) Viewed 736 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com