Tour of California finish on Laguna Seca Raceway

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

Tour of California finish on Laguna Seca Raceway

#1 Post by Neil Bardsley »

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-of ... ehind-him/

Cool finish for the Tour of California at Laguna Seca Raceway. The winning move was made on the hill just before the Cockscrew.

John Lindstrom
356 Fan

Re: Tour of California finish on Laguna Seca Raceway

#2 Post by John Lindstrom »

Here in California, the cyclists ride their bikes on the same pavement that the Porsche’s and Ferrari’s use to race their cars all out, at very the same time. Usually on the weekends. Would be like if these guys raced Laguna Seca when the high speed cars were also on the track racing.

Most people that drive cars generally perceive bicyclists as not having any brain cells at all. Especially the ones that get their young children to ride along with them out on the pavement while cars race right by at 150 miles per hour.

There should be laws against bicycles on the pavement. There are other places that people can go to ride their bicycles. Our paved roads were designed, engineered and built for heavy vehicles to travel at high speeds.

Seems like common sense has been entirely bred out of people nowadays.

Bill Oldham
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bill Oldham »

"
There should be laws against bicycles on the pavement. There are other places that people can go to ride their bicycles. Our paved roads were designed, engineered and built for heavy vehicles to travel at high speeds.

Seems like common sense has been entirely bred out of people nowadays. "

Kinda rude to accuse anyone who has a different viewpoint of being genetically inferior due to bad breeding......
But following the logic of the argument about better laws .... it makes sense to ban 50 year old cars from the highways too. Clearly unsafe and make the roads less safe for those who want to go fast in modern cars. And they pollute. And following the logic further, in about 10 years, maybe sooner, we should be banning human driven cars from the roads. Way too unsafe.

William Block
356 Fan
Tag: blocklab

#4 Post by William Block »

When I was in medical school the dictum was that 2/3 of the drivers did not see a bicyclist or motorcyclist and the other 1/3 were actively trying to run them over. Unfortunately, in my junior year, a young girl blew though a stop sign. Quote to the police "He tried to avoid me, but I hit him anyway." It's been 50 years, still have my Bultaco Metrellia Mark 2 production road racer -- at least most parts of it including the partially crushed fairing, and the metal in my leg.
bill
Bill Block
BLOCKS-BOOKS.COM
248/672-2637 blocklab@gmail.com
1500N coupe #11994
S tractor #133/7622
1600N S/R #106072
356C cab #161564
911 #303269
914/6 2.8 #9140432388 (for sale)
Freda’s Boxster WPOCA2983WS621230

John Lindstrom
356 Fan

#5 Post by John Lindstrom »

A motorcyclist doing 100 mph blew right thru an intersection once and hit me head on as I was stoped at the stop sign. His bike plowed into the front of my car, he went over the handlebars, bounced off my windshield, flew over the top of my car and landed about 10 yards behind me. Broke his neck and a bunch of other bones.

My assessment that the individual was completely void of brain cells, I feel, is not an accusation but instead simply an observation.

We all take risk in life and occasionally subject ourselves to accidental injury. But why subject others to risk and injury if it’s not necessary? Seems selfish.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#6 Post by Neil Bardsley »

How did this change into a all cyclists are stupid discussion?