Roadster for sale at Aase

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Jeffrey Leeds
356 Fan

Re: Roadster for sale at Aase

#16 Post by Jeffrey Leeds »

FWIW: As reported in the UK's Total 911 magazine late last year the "COA" is no longer. It has been replaced with a "Certificate of Production."

The article goes on to say:
"The issue was that the COA could only ever indicate a certain car rolled off the production line on a specific date. What it couldn't comprehensively do was confirm the car in an owner's possession was that same car"
< Jeff >

Registry Member Since 1978
1963 356B T-6 Super 90 Coupe
2009 997.2 Carrera S
2015 958 Cayenne diesel-1 & 2015 958 Cayenne diesel-2

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#17 Post by Jim Nelson »

Robert Thiemrodt wrote:John,
To quote from A Few Good Men, I am "crystal clear" with your explanation. Thanks for that. However, with this now being Porsche's new process, how would someone who buys a non matching engine car ever know how to hunt down the correct engine for their car?
You'd have to be able to procure a Kardex.

Martin Benade
356 Fan

#18 Post by Martin Benade »

Is that still readily available?
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#19 Post by Jim Nelson »

The good news (at least the last time Prosche were at the Werks Reunion ) was if you procured proof of ownership, they'd give you a peek at your Kardex. I don't know if policy has changed, though, as that was right around when they decided to change their COA policy. There are fellows who seem to have good access to Kardex files, but unfortunately I don't know who they are in the States.

George Hussey
356 Fan

#20 Post by George Hussey »

I am actually surprised that Porsche does not provide a copy of the Kardex when one applies for the "certificate of authenticity". I would much rather have the card than that typed sheet of paper. Good old Howard Adams years ago before he died when he was working for Porsche, provided me the copy of the original Kardex for my 60 cab and I am forever grateful
George Hussey

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#21 Post by Adam Wright »

George Hussey wrote:I am actually surprised that Porsche does not provide a copy of the Kardex when one applies for the "certificate of authenticity". I would much rather have the card than that typed sheet of paper. Good old Howard Adams years ago before he died when he was working for Porsche, provided me the copy of the original Kardex for my 60 cab and I am forever grateful
Or at least make the COA reflect changes made to the car. Here is a clear example of lost info, had I not pulled a Kardex.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44026&hilit=COA
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.