Barn find speedster on ebay

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
John Lindstrom
356 Fan

Re: Barn find speedster on ebay

#16 Post by John Lindstrom »

I couldn’t get an exact number, but apparently it was well over $400K..

tom collingwood
356 Fan

#17 Post by tom collingwood »

a very interesting specimen.
anybody note how high the bids were on ebay before is disappeared?

$350-450K would be my guess given the frenzy for these "found" car as of late.

Jay Patrick
356 Fan

#18 Post by Jay Patrick »

Wow this car is only 6 speedsters behind my car on the factory line what a nice example,
My car also had coupe seats in it which I promptly got rid of for Speedster seats!
Jay
58' Speedster
64' Sunroof
67' 912 Sunroof
08' KTM
18' f-350

M Penta
356 Fan

#19 Post by M Penta »

Wow, truly amazing barn find. Hopefully we can follow the story with new owner.

Robert Thiemrodt
356 Fan

#20 Post by Robert Thiemrodt »

I guess I see this in a different light. I see a car put away with no care, and no respect. Yet, at time of sale the heirs are rewarded richly. I inherited a vw from my dad 30 years ago, most people think I restored it, but it is totally original, because I took care of it. Just my opinion.
The left lane is for passing, MOVE OVER!!!!

tom collingwood
356 Fan

#21 Post by tom collingwood »

Robert Thiemrodt wrote:I guess I see this in a different light. I see a car put away with no care, and no respect. Yet, at time of sale the heirs are rewarded richly. I inherited a vw from my dad 30 years ago, most people think I restored it, but it is totally original, because I took care of it. Just my opinion.
it is interesting to see people pay for these barn finds as much as restored cars.

I think it is due to the fact that they are only original once and collectors like to find them undisturbed regardless of condition.
Having the opportunity to restore an untouched complete car is very rare nowadays.

I found my car in a barn and actually rather it over a turn-key restored car.

Bil Brown
356 Fan

#22 Post by Bil Brown »

I see "dusty" has another Speedster listed on ebay
Bill Brown

Robert Thiemrodt
356 Fan

#23 Post by Robert Thiemrodt »

tom collingwood wrote:
Robert Thiemrodt wrote:I guess I see this in a different light. I see a car put away with no care, and no respect. Yet, at time of sale the heirs are rewarded richly. I inherited a vw from my dad 30 years ago, most people think I restored it, but it is totally original, because I took care of it. Just my opinion.
it is interesting to see people pay for these barn finds as much as restored cars.

I think it is due to the fact that they are only original once and collectors like to find them undisturbed regardless of condition.
Having the opportunity to restore an untouched complete car is very rare nowadays.

I found my car in a barn and actually rather it over a turn-key restored car.
The irony in this car is it is not original, as it left the factory. I am still a green horn in the 356 world. But, my readings teach me the black knobs on dash are from a 'B' not an 'A'. The Coa and rear deck emblem indicate a 1600 normal, the tach, with a redline of 5000 would be for a super, not a normal. The shift knob does not look correct either for a 1958. I'm sure the gurus on the registry see even more inaccuracies. Just my opinion.
The left lane is for passing, MOVE OVER!!!!