In a just world, this man would be famous

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

In a just world, this man would be famous

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.p ... 007.0.html
'Cut to the chase', to steal a phrase: This guy designed and machined a 1/3-scale, water-cooled, fuel-injected and supercharged V-10! Having to make his own spark plugs on the way.
I like to believe I know my way around a lathe, a mill and grinders; this guy *invents* new ways around them and does the invented ways with the precision I hope to produce.
If you are not interested in what you can do with machine tools, most of this is going to be boring; scroll to Pg 7, for instance. By page 20, you'll see he's built a scale dyno to find out if it works!
Not to his satisfaction, but I have a feeling it will.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Dan Kalinski
356 Fan

Re: In a just world, this man would be famous

#2 Post by Dan Kalinski »

There so many talented folks out there and very much enjoyed this fellows thread and because we have been collecting new shop machinery (end-mill, lathe, etc).

On a bit different scale and talent, here is a fellow that creates 3D renderings of the 911 engine using software called Creo 3.0. This really caught my attention since we have added a '71 911T which we are in the process of a refresh on this single family owned car since new.

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-eng ... lding.html

VinceFinaldi
356 Fan

#3 Post by VinceFinaldi »

Wow...those are some serious skills...

M Penta
356 Fan

#4 Post by M Penta »

Truly incredible! The engineering and machine work are beyond impressive. Thx for posting.

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jim Nelson »

This is truly a work of art, the skill required to manually produce these bits.....I bow down to the guy, just fabulous skills....