Hilton Parking

For announcements of upcoming 356-related events and discussion of past events. NOTE: Contact lorischutz@porsche356registry.org to have events added to website calendar.
Stephen Dempsey
356 Fan

Hilton Parking

#1 Post by Stephen Dempsey »

Anyone have a suggestion about where to park at the lit meet? Don’t want to use valet. Thanks!

Hugo Karasawa
356 Fan

Re: Hilton Parking

#2 Post by Hugo Karasawa »

Some years ago there was self serve parking at the Hilton and there was a fixed rate while attending the Lit Meet, they gave you a discount ticket.
If there is no self serve this year, half a block away next to the Hilton on Century Blvd there is a large Parking Lot, cheaper if you park on the upper floors.
Attachments
ParkingLAX.jpg

VinceFinaldi
356 Fan

#3 Post by VinceFinaldi »

As Hugo stated, there is a parking structure next door called The Parking Spot. It's much cheaper and waaaaaay faster. The valet at Hilton takes about 30 minutes to retrieve your car. If you are facing the Hilton from the street, it's a block to the right on Century.

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#4 Post by Steve Douglas »

I booked on-line at The Parking Spot for Thursday and Friday, which you have to do separately if you are going in and out, $19.59 each night. If you have a AAA Road Service Membership they take $1.80 off. On the other side is the Marriott that has a separate lot under the "Snag a Space" , with limited on-line reservations.
The Hilton won't take anything tall or big, so vans, SUVs etc won't fit 6'-3" height restrictions.

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jim Alton »

As far as I know, the Hilton still offers self parking but it can be full. I've never been turned away by The Parking Spot next door.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#6 Post by Steve Douglas »

Jim, the current websites have conflicting statements, some say that there is only Valet Parking at the hotel for $43/night, other have it listed at $42/night with self parking at $39/night. in any case the lot next door is a lot cheaper and is tall enough and are long/wide to park most anything you bring. Make payment/reservation on-line so it is simpler.
If anybody wants a ride from the Hilton on Friday or Saturday to do the shop tours let me know, have 2-3 seats open...

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jim Alton »

I e-mailed the "Lit Meet Committee" last night and got this response from Bruce Schwartz:

James

Parking for the event is $12.00 self with a voucher and $20.00 self. Vouchers can be gotten at front desk

Thanks

Bruce

I suspect the apparent problem is because the parking garages simply don't take reservations for such short terms. This is Los Angeles International Airport--there's a LOT of parking in the area.
  • The Parking Spot is immediately East of the Hilton
  • Airport Spectrum LAX Parking is immediately West of the Hilton
  • Wally Park is about 400 yards Northeast
I think at least once in the last two years or so the Hilton opened up some parking the morning of the Lit Meet. But, if there's no parking it's a pain to get out to try someplace else.

Hilton self-parking entry is from an alley on the West side of the hotel. Don't even think about trying to get in in any high profile vehicle--you'll have to back up a steep ramp.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster