356 for the Memory of my Father

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
Jules Dielen
356 Fan

Re: 356 for the Memory of my Father

#91 Post by Jules Dielen »

Eric Marshall Green wrote:And why not check the old race records and you can see the day my father was beaten in his MG by Max Hoffman, and therefore ordered his racing coupe from Ferry Porsche. The company in Germany was tiny them and my mother spoke German.

Am I dreaming this up?
I absolutely believe your dad raced the MG and got beaten by Max Hoffman, but given that you obviously have nothing to back your claims up, could it possibly be that your dad got rid of the MG and bought a gently used 356 from Robert in Canada, probably the only one in the country at that time?

And does the fact that your mom spoke german mean you got your car handed over by Ferry Porsche personally? He must have been a pretty busy man then, just handing over cars.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#92 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

James, the front script has five pins and measures 12 1/2 inches, I think.
I'd rather drive a plastic junker than be a prig.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#93 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Jules, I only know what my father told me. But then why the whole story about the Montreal car show? And his friendship with Stirling and Briggs, which I KNOW are fact. And the photo. The interim bumpers, etc. Instead of going against me, why not help out. This has been a LONG search for me. You can check out my honesty and character in any number of ways if you are smart. What exactly pissed you off so much?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 4.53.56 PM.jpg

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#94 Post by Adam Wright »

Eric Marshall Green wrote:And why not check the old race records and you can see the day my father was beaten in his MG by Max Hoffmann, and therefore ordered his racing coupe from Ferry Porsche. The company in Germany was tiny them and my mother spoke German.

Am I dreaming this up?
This is what you call alphabet facts, you take one fact, in this case dude's father raced against Max Hoffman. From there you attach an unknown "fact" that is in no way related to the first fact, but relying on one fact to bolster the other. You then tie in two other non-related facts, his mother spoke German and the Porsche company was small. Both of those may be true, but they do nothing to bolster the original "fact" that anyone ordered a car from Ferry Porsche.
As far as what you are "dreaming", one can only imagine....
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#95 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

But I was there in the Porsche, Reutter factory at age 6 in 1961 and remember it vividly. Did you read about me crying and Ferry picking me up. That I know is true. I was there. I met Briggs at 13 at Thompson Speedway, so I know that is true. I know how his wife mentioned my father's handsomeness 3 times (my dad never noticed women, only machines). And my father's patents are online. He really did transform the way paper was made and is still made. That is true, proven.

And look at this at 15 years old!
Attachments
M-send2.jpg

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#96 Post by Jules Dielen »

show me a picture with you crying in Ferry Porsche's arms and I take back a bunch of what i said. Was it Ferry or perhaps the german speaking guy in charge of the factory tour. The tourist program is still in place and you still get a tour of the factory to this day.

I am not doubting that your dad owned an interim bumper 1952 356 at all, or his love life or his paper patents. I AM, however, doubting the 'alternative facts' you claim about how he got the 52 and its technical details.

Not entirely sure how the newspaper clipping with the mayor of Mount Royal and model airplanes relates to any of this.
Jules

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#97 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Jules, I'm giving up on you. I guess you've lived too spoiled a life to understand or respect anything.

Gary Carriveau
356 Fan

#98 Post by Gary Carriveau »

Eric,
Why don't you give up on all of us?
Through your various posts you have shown that you have no respect for the 356 Forum, and the Forum rules (let alone common courtesy), or 356 members.
Why you have been allowed to continue these vapid rants is beyond me.
But...I have not claimed a Mensa IQ, and/or being comforted by Ferry Porsche, acknowledged as a world famous author, or owned and driven a fake plastic car.
Best regards,
Gary
Gary W. Carriveau
'64 C Coupe

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#99 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

No wonder the world is such a mess.

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#100 Post by Jules Dielen »

no wonder your dad was an alcoholic. I would be too if I had to live with you every day.
Jules

C J Murray
356 Fan

#101 Post by C J Murray »

Jules, I think this guy is only here to cause chaos so I suggest making fun of him.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#102 Post by Vic Skirmants »

C J Murray wrote:Jules, I think this guy is only here to cause chaos so I suggest making fun of him.
That's too easy.

Steve Raucher
356 Fan

#103 Post by Steve Raucher »

Good lord I'm exhausted reading all this, but it like a car wreck on the highway you just can't take your eyes off it.
This one has to go into the record books for the most spastic and obnoxious thread of them all.
Congrats Eric your ten minutes of fame is up brother.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#104 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Gary Carriveau wrote:Eric,
Why don't you give up on all of us?
Through your various posts you have shown that you have no respect for the 356 Forum, and the Forum rules (let alone common courtesy), or 356 members.
Why you have been allowed to continue these vapid rants is beyond me.
But...I have not claimed a Mensa IQ, and/or being comforted by Ferry Porsche, acknowledged as a world famous author, or owned and driven a fake plastic car.
Best regards,
Gary
Could not have said it better myself. Thanks, Gary.

Gordon Maltby
Registry Hall of Fame

#105 Post by Gordon Maltby »

Eric Marshall Green has requested a refund of his membership cost. We are obliging him. Let's go back to important stuff like discussing patina on leather key fobs. :D