bob chase/gray eagle overrider bars---where's bob?

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
gary basil
356 Fan

bob chase/gray eagle overrider bars---where's bob?

#1 Post by gary basil »

I have sent a number of emails and voice mails for bob and can't get a reply. is he still in business? thanks, gary

gary basil
356 Fan

Re: bob chase/gray eagle overrider bars---where's bob?

#2 Post by gary basil »

Please someone let me know what happened to Bob Chase at Gray Eagle overrider bars. Thanks again, Gary

Steven Stacy
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steven Stacy »

Here I have the same problem- called and left him messages. He must have gone out of business and does not feel he needs to call us back and let us know....
I can not find a source for the overriderbars, and will have to fill the holes in the 1958 Speedster I'm restoring.

chris romney
356 Fan

#4 Post by chris romney »

Bob is still in business. I just bought some bumper guards from him. They were just delivered yesterday. Great quality and it was a smooth transaction. I know he has had a few health issues. If you call a couple of times and be patient I'm sure he'll get back to you in a couple of days. Good luck.

Chris

Steven Stacy
356 Fan

#5 Post by Steven Stacy »

Great to hear-Thank you Chris. I had called my body guy earlier today and told him to get ride of the holes on the bumpers and body.
Did you get overriders for a Speedster or a pre-A ?
I need both front and back for a 1958. About how much do they run?

Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

#6 Post by Stephen Masefield »

I have been in communication with Bob, in fact today. I can confirm that he has had serious health issues, including a broken leg but is on the mend and I suspect will back in circulation more as the coming weeks and months go by. I would above all urge patience and best wishes for his speedy recovery.
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

Roy Smalley
356 Fan

#7 Post by Roy Smalley »

We have purchased many bars of all types and guards as well as Bob has repaired not repairable guards. He is reasonable and does great work. He has been under the weather so patience is the deal.......
 Roy Smalley
Texas

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#8 Post by Peter Silten »

Be patient. I am sure Bob will get back to you when he is able. Bob’s work is exceptional. He redid the bars and guards for my Convertible D, which were then installed by Roy Smalley, whose work is also exceptional.

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#9 Post by Steve Proctor »

You can ask, but for best results, he'll probably ask that you send your bumpers. He requested that I do this too make sure the guards were aligned correctlt and the ends of the towel bar lined up with he holes in the bumper, etc.
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

#10 Post by Stephen Masefield »

Spoke with Bob today, he is aware he is behind on emails etc and is fully aware of six outstanding clients ...He is getting to them/you one by one and asks for patience ;-)
He been dealing with cancer and broken bones, but is now up and around & making a good recovering; however not yet firing on all four cylinders but getting there. Feel free to pass on best wishes for continued speedy recovery.
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

C J Murray
356 Fan

#11 Post by C J Murray »

There are things more important than overrider bars. I'm wishing Bob a full and rapid recovery for his sake, his family's sake, and lastly so that other 356 owners can benefit from his skill as I have.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Bill Tate
356 Fan

#12 Post by Bill Tate »

Bob,
Full power toward a rapid recovery. The bars you did for me fit great and I do enjoy wearing your T-shirt to warm Cars & Coffee gatherings.
Bill Tate
Drive your Tub for improved mental health.

chris romney
356 Fan

#13 Post by chris romney »

Steven, Sorry I forgot to answer your questions. I bought bumper guards from Bob for a 58 Speedster. Bob can provide you with any of the parts you need, whether it's bumper guards or overriders. He can also repair almost anything. The cost varies, depending on whether you want originals or reproductions. I'll also second that Bob is a great guy, one of the people that make this an enjoyable hobby. Wishing Bob a full and speedy recovery.

Chris