This Year's LA Toy and Lit Meet Vendor Cost Increase

356 Porsche-related discussions and questions.
Peter Silten
356 Fan

This Year's LA Toy and Lit Meet Vendor Cost Increase

#1 Post by Peter Silten »

I was in the process of registering for this year’s Lit and Toy Meet and had a question about the cost of a table so I called Stoddard. As many of you will recall, the cost of a table jumped to $100 last year. That price included admission of the vendor and one helper. What I learned is now the $100 fee for a table only includes the vendor; helpers are extra at $30 each. I was not happy to see this, as it amounts to another fee increase. I sent an email to Bruce Schwartz to get clarification on what appears to be a change in how things have operated for as long as I can remember. I will let the membership know what he has to say. Stay tuned.

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

Re: This Year's LA Toy and Lit Meet Vendor Cost Increase

#2 Post by Ron LaDow »

Peter,
My Reg Form says otherwise:
1028 Lit Meet.jpg
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#3 Post by Peter Silten »

Hi Ron --

My form says under NOTE #3: "Free admittance to Vendor and ONE helper per Additional Table after the first one. For example: If a vendor pays for three tables, they get their entry and two additional entries to the meet for free. Additional entries will pay $30 to enter the hall before 9 a.m. or $10 to enter after 9 a.m. No exceptions." The way it was explained to me by the person I spoke to at Stoddard, Debbie, if you buy one table you get one entry only, no free entry for your helper. As I mentioned in my first post, I sent an email to Bruce Schwartz, asking for clarification. I have yet to hear back from him.

Peter

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jules Dielen »

So which one is it?
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#5 Post by Greg Bryan »

I was wondering the same thing about the helper - I get a single table and bring a helper so I can go and look around a bit. My helper could care less about the stuff at the event.
I get raising the price for a table I guess - 25% increase, though.
I optimistically interpreted the wording as being the same as years past
Greg Bryan

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#6 Post by Peter Silten »

I received a reply to my email from Bruce Schwartz. He confirmed that one table = one entry pass; helpers are extra.

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#7 Post by Greg Bryan »

Thanks, Peter.
Well, I guess that's the difference between an event put on by good ole boys and a corporation ....
Greg Bryan

Joris Koning
356 Fan

#8 Post by Joris Koning »

Peter Silten wrote:I received a reply to my email from Bruce Schwartz. He confirmed that one table = one entry pass; helpers are extra.
Not surprised one bit...
'56 Coupe
'57 Coupe
'59 Cab 
'60 Coupe

Ed Morris
356 Fan

#9 Post by Ed Morris »

Wait a minute!

I downloaded, from Stoddard, the Vendor Registration Form and submitted it in September. I had to sign the form saying "have read and accepted the notes below". Has Stoddard read and accepted the notes? It says quite clearly: "free admission to Vendor and one helper per TABLE". That's pretty clear! How can anyone read that and not understand that the Vendor and one helper is included per table. Even in the era of fake news it's hard to come to any conclusion except that if you get one table you and a helper are included. If you get two tables you and two helpers are included. If they changed the contract after we signed it then they need to send another, corrected contract.

I am wrong?

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#10 Post by Jules Dielen »

IMO they should honor the old contract for everyone. then clear the path for 2019
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Peter Silten
356 Fan

#11 Post by Peter Silten »

Ed, I am sorry to say that you are wrong. For the latest vendor info go to https://www.lalitandtoyshow.com/vendors.html As it is explained there one table = one entry, no "free" helpers. However, if you buy three tables your entry fee covers you and two helpers.