pre a KNOBS

For Pre A discussions and questions
paul vantol
356 Fan

pre a KNOBS

#1 Post by paul vantol »

I came across an ad on Samba from Gary Constantine of Brezelwerks re pre a knobs. Tried emailing him at the ad site: brezlwerks@verizon.net
Came back as undelivered.

Is Gary still in business or does anyone know of another source for knobs? I have a 1953 cab and need trunk and hood release knobs.
paul r. vantol

Jan Kolm
356 Fan

Re: pre a KNOBS

#2 Post by Jan Kolm »

Paul,

You need to read Gary's ad carefully: PayPal payments go to brezelwerks@verizon.net Questions/correspondence go to brezelwerks@yahoo.com
Jan Kolm
356 Registry #1066
1960 1600N Coupe

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steve Harrison »

Gary can be in and out a lot.
Sometimes he’s making stuff,..sometimes not.
He takes long breaks at times so don’t be surprised if you can’t get him with email. Just depends.
Once I got him on the phone about seven years ago and we had a long very interesting conversation,...talked for over an hour. Turns out I am one of the few folks who actually have been able to talk to him. Super nice guy,...but I think he gets a little overwhelmed with the orders. He’s a small operation.

As for knobs, I’d try Adam at Unobtanium. Sometimes he’s got small stuff like knobs around. You just have to catch him when he’s in the shop so he can check the shelves.

paul vantol
356 Fan

#4 Post by paul vantol »

as always, thanks for the good advice. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
paul r. vantol

Rick Albro
356 Fan

#5 Post by Rick Albro »

Paul,
I have made a couple of these I usually make them a few inches long and allow you to trim to the ideal length. I do the three sided crimp and use the right size of harden wire for the pull. I have an original to exactly copy all dimensions as needed.
Attachments
HoodPULLknob.jpg

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#6 Post by Steve Harrison »

Hey Rick,
Cool,..I didn’t know you were doing those.
Weren’t you working on the inner cylinders for the Pre A square door handles a few years ago?
Casting, and working out the bugs in your process, as I recall.
How did that go? I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I’m pretty sure I remember you doing that.

Rick Albro
356 Fan

#7 Post by Rick Albro »

Thanks Steve! I have learned a great deal about casting metal parts by casting plastic parts first. I can make all the parts of the early square door handles now. From time to time I take on projects that move me forward with my own car. If I have to make one part I can just as easy make a few more. I am working on all of the pre A dash components. I make what I am missing and cannot find. I was certainly inspired a few years back reading about your restoration efforts and that you actually finished. I remember one image of your dog through the headlight opening, A work companion is always helpful! Keep the faith!
Last edited by Rick Albro on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jules Dielen »

Hey Rick,

do you stock pre A knobs? I need a few blanks and an H (and an S?) for my 52....
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#9 Post by Steve Harrison »

EBay right now...but auction ends in 22 hrs or so....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-356-Pr ... SwjlBaL8lx

Spencer Harris
356 Fan

#10 Post by Spencer Harris »

Steve Harrison wrote:Weren’t you working on the inner cylinders for the Pre A square door handles a few years ago?
Casting, and working out the bugs in your process, as I recall. How did that go? I’ve been out of the loop for a while, but I’m pretty sure I remember you doing that.
Rick is way too modest Steve. He has mastered the art of turning square-handle rags to square-handle, eye popping beauty!
DSC_0362 (Medium).JPG
DSC_0162 (Medium).JPG
Spencer Harris
San Joaquin Valley, CA.