Jack Staggs' shop

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Trevor Gates
356 Fan

Re: Jack Staggs' shop

#241 Post by Trevor Gates »

Meissen blue Speedster and Craig's 1960 Ivory Coupe.
Attachments
JS45.jpg
JS46.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/trevorcgates/

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#242 Post by Steve Proctor »

Interesting reverse louvers on the coupe, have just seen those on the Emory cars.
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#243 Post by Norm Miller »

60 Coupe mit sonnendoch.
Very interesting.

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#244 Post by Trevor Gates »

Steve - Yes reverse louvers. Craig likes louvers, but wanted to do something just a little different. I have to say I think they came out killer, just the right amount of visual interest and doesn't disrupt the Coupe's body lines. On a Speedster (like yours) I think the standard louver is probably the way to go - but to each their own :D

Norm - Yes, more pics of Craig's "Lucreita" mit sonnendach on page 2 here: Golde / Webasto - Folding cloth fabric sunroof

Happy 2018! Jack and Kerry are working their "get it up and going magic" on a 1956 Coupe that has been off the road for 25~30 years.
Attachments
JS47.jpg

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#245 Post by Trevor Gates »

A few pics of a car's dashboard that is in the shop. I was thinking how these were once just old sports cars and not worth a pile of dough... And how the modifications that have been made to them over the years are becoming more and more scarce. The trend being, "correct"; which yes, it is important to know how they came from the factory. However, it is so cool to see these 356's modified, most times for practicality.

OK, so who's ready to drill a couple holes in their dash :D
Attachments
JS48.jpg
Light works!
Light works!
Toggle interior light switch to right of the Porsche script
Toggle interior light switch to right of the Porsche script

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#246 Post by Trevor Gates »

Sweet 62 Notchback finished in Dolphin Grey. The owner has had it in "painted and semi-finished status" in his garage for about 7~8 years and was working on getting it back to a dependable driver. He decided to hit the fast forward button and have Jack and Kerry go through it. Fun little car now and quite striking being a notchback.
Attachments
JS55.jpg
JS54.jpg
JS53.jpg
JS52.jpg
JS51.jpg

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#247 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Cool looking car. Thank you for sharing.

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#248 Post by Steve Douglas »

I finally made it to Jack's Friday afternoon gathering, it seems like every time I am in Laguna Beach I get there too late to show up. Here's a photo of Jack helping Pete with a part. Nice to see the cars and meet the guys who hang out there.
Attachments
Jack shop.jpg

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#249 Post by Trevor Gates »

Hi Steve - Good seeing you too.

Mark Pribanic and his girlfriend Heather made the trip out from Florida this week to attend the Luftgekuhlt show on Sunday. They stopped in to the shop to get some brake work done and address a few other issues.
Attachments
JS61.jpg
JS57.jpg
JS58.jpg
JS59.jpg
JS60.jpg

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#250 Post by Steve Douglas »

Hi Trevor, I wanted to make it to Luftgekuhlt, but 350 miles is a long way to go, not as far as Mark drove, and we have the Kelly Park weekend going on in San Jose, and next week is North South in SLO, it was a hard decision to make. Plus I have my 62 coupe up for sale and need to stay close to home.
Steve

Alex Mestas
356 Fan
Tag: It’s only a hobby.

#251 Post by Alex Mestas »

I thought that car looked familiar!
4FFE29F1-3FCD-44C6-BC12-66AB46C49520.jpeg
1963 356 T-6 Coupe Signal Red.
1973.5 911 T Coupe Ivory.
1989 911 Carrera Targa Grd Prix White.

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

#252 Post by Trevor Gates »

Aquamarine metallic Coupe and an Aquamarine Speedster at the shop for some work. Cool to see these two colors next to each other out in the sunlight.
Attachments
JS62.jpg
JS63.jpg
JS64.jpg
JS65.jpg

Nanette Reid
356 Fan

#253 Post by Nanette Reid »

Always love seeing my car's original colour in photos of other cars - that Aquamarine Blue Speedster looks awesome!
Even better when I see them with that red interior as well.

Makes me want to use it even more on my restoration, kind of rare here in AUS.

Thanks!

Trevor Gates
356 Fan

Kerry Sink

#254 Post by Trevor Gates »

Jack posted this on Justin Rio's ABCGT website and Friday when we spoke he said I could share it here.

http://www.abcgt.com/forum/4-356-Forum/ ... -Sink.html

Today, August 9th, 2018, is 20 years of working along side of Kerry. He just turned 58 on July 20. Any of you that have had the opportunity to have him answer the phone, answer questions, work on your car, or meet him at our 356 day celebration (or other non sanctioned events we put on), know just how dedicated he is to giving the most excellent service to everyone. Instead of having a joyous day celebrating this landmark achievement, he came by briefly to gather up the last of his belongings that were still here.
It is with a broken heart that I have to tell you that this humble giant in the 356 world is laying down his tools. A couple months ago a tumor was found on his lung, among other issues.His doctors have advised him that he may have as little as 3 months before he goes to his reward.
It has been an honor to serve with this man of integrity, as a co-worker, associate, partner, friend, and brother in arms. I never considered him as a employee or servant. I'm grateful for when he took the time to correct me in issues of ethics. Thank you Kerry. I love you.

Dave Wildrick
356 Fan

Re: Kerry Sink

#255 Post by Dave Wildrick »

Trevor Gates wrote:Jack posted this on Justin Rio's ABCGT website and Friday when we spoke he said I could share it here.

http://www.abcgt.com/forum/4-356-Forum/ ... -Sink.html

Today, August 9th, 2018, is 20 years of working along side of Kerry. He just turned 58 on July 20. Any of you that have had the opportunity to have him answer the phone, answer questions, work on your car, or meet him at our 356 day celebration (or other non sanctioned events we put on), know just how dedicated he is to giving the most excellent service to everyone. Instead of having a joyous day celebrating this landmark achievement, he came by briefly to gather up the last of his belongings that were still here.
It is with a broken heart that I have to tell you that this humble giant in the 356 world is laying down his tools. A couple months ago a tumor was found on his lung, among other issues.His doctors have advised him that he may have as little as 3 months before he goes to his reward.
It has been an honor to serve with this man of integrity, as a co-worker, associate, partner, friend, and brother in arms. I never considered him as a employee or servant. I'm grateful for when he took the time to correct me in issues of ethics. Thank you Kerry. I love you.
I am truly sorry to hear this. I have known Kerry and Jack for many years and have visited them often, usually on trips to visit my sister, who also lives in San Clemente, CA. Kerry has always been very personable and friendly when I've been there, and he is a truly sharp and gifted 356 mechanic.
Dave Wildrick
Houston, TX
64C coupe
65C coupe