Dave Jones...

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

Dave Jones...

#1 Post by Stephen Masefield »

Many of you will no doubt have seen and appreciated answers and feedback on any number of topics from Dave. His current 'silence' is due to him being unwell. He would like to assure those who may have initiated a PM with him, that he is not ignoring you, and any thread here on the board, is again not being ignored - he is temporarily "indisposed" in CCU in hospital.

Janet (his wife) has asked that emails be restricted for the next couple of weeks to general emails - get wells etc and other material to cheer him up; (being Welsh I guess that mean anything) - but likely to be read by his wife first, so please "self sensor ;-)
Technical Q&A should be deferred please, till he his more like is old self ;-)

Please feel free to PM me if you need anything specific.
Steve
Last edited by Stephen Masefield on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Dave Jones...

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Hope he gets better, I like him!
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#3 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Get well, David; please. Prayers.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#4 Post by C J Murray »

Thank you Stephen. I was communicating with David via email and then nothing. I sure hope his hospital "restoration" is swift. Best wishes David.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Phil Planck
356 Fan

#5 Post by Phil Planck »

Steve
Thanks for the info on Dave. A great contributor here, and also has helped me out off list.
Phil Planck

Mike Ruddy
356 Fan
Tag: https://tinyurl.com/yw3jedrh

#6 Post by Mike Ruddy »

Adam Wright wrote:Hope he gets better, I like him!
Me too. Get well soon David

Eric McKinley
356 Fan

#7 Post by Eric McKinley »

David has helped me with advise over the last 3 years.

Brysia wella bychan
Last edited by Eric McKinley on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#8 Post by Neil Bardsley »

That isn't great news. Get well soon Sir.

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#9 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

Davy Jones was one of my folk heroes from my youth, most ole farts will remember well Davy Jones locker. Sorry David, no doubt you out lived all the taunting by those in your childhood who latched onto the talk of St David and all the variations on the legend. Though we've never met or spoken, it is obvious you've created a bit of a legend of your own. Congrats on having passed a bit of your time making friends among the faithful. All the best with your stay among all those skirts popping in and out to see how you like the vittles from the meds cafe. May you soon find your feet under Janet's kitchen table. All the best and a speedy recovery. Being among the long lived was never meant for the timid constitution.

Dave Erickson
356 Fan

#10 Post by Dave Erickson »

Stephen, thanks for posting. David, you are in our thoughts and prayers, hang in there.

Stephen Masefield
356 Fan

#11 Post by Stephen Masefield »

Heard from family that that Dave is still very ill ...but that progress is good and hopefully the worst is over.
A long hill to climb before back to full fettle, but compared to a week or so back ... looking better.
PS All wishes are gratefully acknowledged but again no technical stuff for time being.
Steve
'57 Coupe
'61 Sunroof Coupe
'79 911SC Targa (Stupidly sold)
'23 Subaru BRZ (poor mans Porsche)
Ford Diesel to haul 'stuff'

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#12 Post by Vic Skirmants »

David; hang in there. Remember the good racing times!

Barton Beach
356 Fan

#13 Post by Barton Beach »

Below is an update on David Jones from his wife, Janet.

"Hello all
Janet here. Dave still struggling in ICU. New doctor yesterday as he had enough and was demanding a meeting to change things. His impatience coincided with their “rotation”. As a teaching hospital they rotate oversight physicians and “teaching” every week. Hoping this fresh look will help. New treatments started yesterday are much more aggressive. The “new” inflammation in his lungs as a reaction to the chemo has not responded to the past 3 + weeks of treatment. He is looking into past damage from chemical exposure from career. Those of you involved, be careful! Although he showed no real signs or debilitation from many exposures over his lifetime, there may be permanent damage behind the scene adding to his inability to respond to treatment. Or as he would say, the chemo may kill cancer but you have to live through it. His new doctor understands that Dave’s goal is improvement, not just status quo.

I’m sorry I can’t keep up with individual responses to everyone (so this is a blanket email) but I know Dave will once he is able. We both appreciate the support and kindness sent this way, more than we can say! A fresh round of just email “attaboys” would be lovely. He is reading email every day, just rarely seems to have much energy to respond. Comes in small spurts. An idea for those of you that know him well, he went from Sunday afternoon not being able to lift his hands to hold a cup of water to that evening being alert and buying a kindle book by the engineer and novelist Nevil Shute.

Take care everyone and thanks again for your support,
Janet and Dave"

And today I noticed David responded to a question on the 356 Talk "Need a Bit of help - 59' coupe won't run on all 4...."

And this today from Janet.

"Better that folks know what is happening than not.

Final diagnosis is slow. Still on high dose steroids looking for an improvement. Pretty stable at the moment"

Keep Pushing the envelope David....
Bart
Attachments
IMG_2500.JPG
'65 C Coupe
'64 SC Cab

Dennis Grist
356 Fan

#14 Post by Dennis Grist »

David:
Wishing you the very best. Keep up the good fight.
Dennis Grist
1964 SC Coupe

Doug McDonnell
356 Fan

#15 Post by Doug McDonnell »

Hoping for the best for you David. It was a pleasure meeting you at Gingerman last year.
1965 356C 2000 BMW 740i Sport 1967 Honda CL77 There is never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it over.