New Barn FInding column on PCA

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

New Barn FInding column on PCA

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

Hey everyone-
I invite everyone to check out my new column on PCA. I get to write about Porsches other than 356's, it's fun.

https://www.pca.org/news/2016-04-12/bar ... vana-brown
Attachments
PCA.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

JohnPierce
356 Fan

Re: New Barn FInding column on PCA

#2 Post by JohnPierce »

Great story, Adam! Thanks for sharing.

I really love those shiny rims sitting in the mud. Looks like a police chase gone bad.

John
1963 B T6 Project

John Weyand
356 Fan

#3 Post by John Weyand »

Wow, such adventures! I had to sit indoors and endure all sorts of boring stories and tales for my entire working career. Only in retirement can I engage is such larks and now I'm too old to get invited on such adventures, except when my grandsons strike out on their dirt bikes.
Maybe you shouldn't have posted a note here--now you'll have to write another story to publish in the Registry magazine.
John W
'64 "C" coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

John Weyand wrote:Wow, such adventures! I had to sit indoors and endure all sorts of boring stories and tales for my entire working career. Only in retirement can I engage is such larks and now I'm too old to get invited on such adventures, except when my grandsons strike out on their dirt bikes.
Maybe you shouldn't have posted a note here--now you'll have to write another story to publish in the Registry magazine.
But John, you got to wear the robe, I don't get any cool costumes to wear.
Attachments
judge.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

#5 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Just saw your story come across an email from PCA. Funny story about Flower Pot the 356 in Havana Brown!
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

Dick Douglass
356 Fan

#6 Post by Dick Douglass »

same e-mail from PCA our "California Festival of Speed".
Great time had by all.

dd in hb

Dean Tanner
356 Fan

#7 Post by Dean Tanner »

Adam, there is something hauntingly beautiful about that photo. Nice job.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Adam Wright »

Dean Tanner wrote:Adam, there is something hauntingly beautiful about that photo. Nice job.
The magic was lost on me that day, but I'm glad I took the picture because it came out great. I stopped by Cogbill's place later that day and he was real pissed that I bought the car about 2 miles from him.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#9 Post by Mike Wilson »

Great story, Adam. Keep 'em coming!
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Jim Neil
356 Fan

#10 Post by Jim Neil »

Adam Wright wrote:
Dean Tanner wrote:Adam, there is something hauntingly beautiful about that photo. Nice job.
The magic was lost on me that day, but I'm glad I took the picture because it came out great. I stopped by Cogbill's place later that day and he was real pissed that I bought the car about 2 miles from him.
Imagine how I felt a couple years ago driving to work a 1/4 mile from my home. Someone was loading a very nice and original car on a flatbed, think it was original paint is very nice condition, no visible rust. Stopped and talked. He bought it for $38K (?). I wasn't paying much attention to the car, assumed it was a cab (still an utter steal), and later realized it was a Conv D.
1960 356 B Coupe
2009 911 Turbo Coupe
2016 Panamera
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Carrera S, 2004 Targa, 2001 Boxster S, 1997 Targa, 1993 RS America, 2004 Cayenne S, 2005 Cayenne S, 2009 Cayenne S

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#11 Post by Adam Wright »

Jim Neil wrote:
Adam Wright wrote:
Imagine how I felt a couple years ago driving to work a 1/4 mile from my home. Someone was loading a very nice and original car on a flatbed, think it was original paint is very nice condition, no visible rust. Stopped and talked. He bought it for $38K (?). I wasn't paying much attention to the car, assumed it was a cab (still an utter steal), and later realized it was a Conv D.
Jim-
Don't feel bad, a guy found a B Cab in my own town, I had a line on it, but he got it. You can't get them all.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Jay Wiener
356 Fan

#12 Post by Jay Wiener »

Adam, how many cars have you pulled out of bars, fields, etc? 50?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#13 Post by Adam Wright »

Jay Wiener wrote:Adam, how many cars have you pulled out of bars, fields, etc? 50?
I've never done a count but it's way over 50, considering I just wrapped up a 50 car deal I did over the summer. Most of the big loads were on the new poster, except for the last load. Hopefully the fun never stops.
Attachments
lastloadsm.jpg
saveposter.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#14 Post by Adam Wright »

The new column is out, hope everybody can check it out, it's pretty funny.

https://www.pca.org/news/2016-05-10/bar ... oose-chase
Attachments
pcastorynew.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

JohnPierce
356 Fan

#15 Post by JohnPierce »

Another great story, Adam! Thanks for sharing.

John
1963 B T6 Project