Porsche Museum in Stuttgart

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Lee Richards
356 Fan

Porsche Museum in Stuttgart

#1 Post by Lee Richards »

I'll be in Frankfurt for a couple weeks on business and plan to visit the museum in Stuttgart on a Saturday. If time allows, I'll also visit the Mercedes museum.

Any tips on visiting these 2 museums?

Thanks

Dan Epperly
356 Fan

Re: Porsche Museum in Stuttgart

#2 Post by Dan Epperly »

Lee Richards wrote:I'll be in Frankfurt for a couple weeks on business and plan to visit the museum in Stuttgart on a Saturday. If time allows, I'll also visit the Mercedes museum.

Any tips on visiting these 2 museums?

Thanks
Porsche museum is small, you can see everything in an hour.
Mercedes museum is much, much larger, allocate at least two hours if not three.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#3 Post by Jim Liberty »

Both are a must see. ......................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Paul Kust
356 Fan

#4 Post by Paul Kust »

Lee, that is strange as I will be in Frankfurt in two weeks and was going to Stuttgart on the 20th to see the Museum also, where and when will you be in Frankfurt, maybe we could hook up and talk 356's. Leaving in an hour for the airport to Amsterdam for the first week. Let me know your itinerary.
Paul Kust
'57 T-1 101611

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#5 Post by Edwin Ek »

I went to both this past Christmas. The Porsche museum was something of a let down, only because I had already seen so many of the cars at events here in the US. On the other hand, the Mercedes Benz museum was out of sight. I of course knew, but it wasn't in the forefront of my mind, that those guys invented the automobile. So the museum covers the whole history of automotive transportation. Highly recommend. I spent the day there.

Mark Cohn
356 Fan

#6 Post by Mark Cohn »

Lee, did you make the trip? We were over there about the same time but didn't see you!

Lee Richards
356 Fan

#7 Post by Lee Richards »

No I didn't make it. Had too much good German beer the night before and got to the train station later than planned. While buying the tickets, I did the math and figured it was a $250 round trip day with about 4 hours available in Stuttgart. Lesson learned - buy your train tickets in advance.