Da Spoodster!

Share progress on your 356 related project or full restoration with others!
ryan base
356 Fan

Re: Da Spoodster!

#166 Post by ryan base »

adam so good what a hero i read your whole thread again and you have waded through so much toil and trouble determination perserverance and patience out standing now comes the admonition last time you got almost to here and some dude came along and the lemonadster was gone this one you have to pretend your parents gave you when you graduated from high school and just drive it forever you know it's special to all of us

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#167 Post by Adam Wright »

Thanks Ryan, I needed a hero last night, after spending 12 hours at the metal shop assisting a friend with my new aluminum tonneau, I had to drive home in an icy blizzard, it was a very long/short ride home, what should have taken under 2 hours took closer to 4.

But I did get the exact piece I wanted for the car and made it home safe, if not a little cold and snowy....
Attachments
spood201.JPG
spood202.JPG
spood203.JPG
spood204.JPG
spood205.JPG
spood206.JPG
spood207.JPG
spood209.JPG
spood210.JPG
spood215.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#168 Post by Steve Harrison »

Snow???,,.really???

Dude,..it was 72 here today. You can still find some cheap real estate around here too! ha ha.
That is,..if you're thinking of coming back home. Either way, good progress on the Spoodster, and congrats on the tonneau cover. You're dialing in on the end of this thing eh?
Good deal !

Steve

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#169 Post by Adam Wright »

I don't think I could do another southern summer, too brutal. It was in the 40s here today, we went hiking. it was weird to be hiking in snow and have it not be cold.
Attachments
2.JPG
1.JPG
1.JPG (51.32 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#170 Post by Adam Wright »

Even though it was only in the 40s outside the car needed a wash. After driving home in the blizzard the other night it was covered in salt, so I washed it down, hoping I got all the white stuff off.
Attachments
spood222.JPG
spood221.JPG
spood220.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#171 Post by Adam Wright »

Well, it's officially out of my hands now, I dropped the car off at Geoff's today for the mechanicals. Hoping to get it back in time for the Holiday in September.
What will I do all summer?
Attachments
spood225.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#172 Post by Steve Harrison »

What will you do all summer?,...
What you will do is call the guy every week or so,..
"Hey man,..how ya doing,..just checking in... how's things going? do you need anything, is there anything I can help with, parts needed? ? "
Then you send him a 12 pack, and for good measure stop by in person every few weeks...just to hang out and talk cars etc.

You have it beat because you don't need much (any?) chrome work, or much in the way of interior. ...Good on ya' for that.

ECH!! or bust!

Andrew Serdich
356 Fan
Tag: Enjoying the ride

#173 Post by Andrew Serdich »

What Steve said Adam. You stalk the guy until its done!!
1962 356b T-6 Coupe

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#174 Post by Adam Wright »

So I stopped in at Geoff's today to drop off some parts and the car is starting to come together, discs are almost done and I dropped of a 912 motor which is set up for a 356, so it should go right in.
Still hoping to make the ECH, it might just mean and finish the body and the paint in about 48 hours, but that's what coffee is for, right?
Attachments
spood226.JPG
spood227.JPG
spood228.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#175 Post by Steve Harrison »

Dude,...forget the paint,..if time gets too tight, just make it run and come on down!
It's a race car right? No chrome, no upholstery, nothin' fancy, eh?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#176 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve,
I have ordered the paint, the gumballs and graphics, the wheels are done and the emblems are done (thanks to the DeJonge family/Restoration Design!!!!!!!!)

Hopefully I will get the car back in a couple of weeks than a final push to get it painted.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!
Attachments
photo 5.JPG
spood250.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#177 Post by Adam Wright »

Ok, target pick-up date set, Sept. 7th. That gives me 2 and a half weeks to finish the body and paint the car, no problem....

I am so screwed.

But thanks to Geoff for working miracles to get it done, let me see if Big John and me can follow suit on the body.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#178 Post by Steve Harrison »

My advice,...buy LOTS of sandpaper, in all the grits. Use it for a few minutes, toss it. (or collect it for woodworking projects, etc.)
You're less apt to push worn paper if you've got a lot of it around. Your car (and your arms) will thank you. Fresh paper cuts a flatter surface by far,...with light pressure.
You'll make it, I just know it.
Let the dust fly!!!!

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#179 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve,
When we were doing the shop cleaning for the open house I found a large box that "John the Hoarder" had saved of horrible and very used sandpaper. I asked why, and he said it can still be used for little things. But a whole box????
How about you get in your car (since I know you hate to fly) and arrive he on Sept. 8th, bring the kid, Avi is 6 now and loves talking to little guys, she keeps her brother Max enthralled with poop jokes, every little boy wants to hear a good poop joke!
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#180 Post by Steve Harrison »

Man you are sooo right about the flying thing,...I had to take two pills with names I can't even pronounce when we came back from CA a few weeks ago. With a stopover in Houston in a driving thunderstorm to boot....I was white knuckling it the whole way.

Yes,...if I were to come and help it would have to be by car, and,...luck would have it, I do have another car recently on the road ; ) ...as of today! No pics yet, but maybe a video will come up. Your offer is most gracious, and if we had closer distances, I'd be there. But the scheduling is just not there,...too much to do myself before the big weekend. Finch would get along well with Avi it seems....his (3 year old) idea of a 'poop joke'....
Dad: "Tell me a joke Finch."
Finch: ..."What starts with Poop?"
Dad: "Don't know son,..what starts with Poop?"
Finch: "...POOP!,...hahahaha"

Such is my life.
No, I will have to be content with watching your progress from afar, and cheering from the sidelines.
I dont' have any pom poms,..and I can't do the splits,..but I can do a cartwheel, that counts for something right?
Ok,..then,...here's the deal. If you get your car to the ECH, in paint, under power (it's own),..I'll do a regulation, full tilt cartwheel when I see it. How's that for inspiration? ha ha.