how to lower a 55?

For those who couldn't care less how their 356 left the factory!
C J Murray
356 Fan

#16 Post by C J Murray »

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

Lowering

#17 Post by Thomas Sottile »

Just put a pair of 165/60/15 tires quich and easy.

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

Lowering

#18 Post by Thomas Sottile »

Just put a pair of 165/60/15 tires quich and easy.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#19 Post by C J Murray »

quiche or quick? Just kidding!

Thomas Sottile
356 Fan

Quick or quack

#20 Post by Thomas Sottile »

You Know what I mean. I think?

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#21 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Real men don't eat quiche; right, Cliff?
PS. The Aussie wants to do Road Atlanta in October in the rental car. Will your cab be ready? Or do you want to rent my roadster and have no excuses?

C J Murray
356 Fan

#22 Post by C J Murray »

Vic-
First you try to taunt me into going to Mid-Ohio so that you can bitch slap me. I think you said that a real man would show up to prove himself worthy. Since then I have been hiding from you and I have instructed my body man to slow down so that I don’t have to ever actually RACE my ’55 Cab. Now you are recruiting ringers from half way around the world to help you embarrass me! I can live with all that but the quiche comments are offensive. Quiche lovers must unite against this obvious slam of all men that are confident enough in their masculinity to declare their love for quiche. We will start picketing your business on Tuesday morning! This is war!

I expect to have the car running by the end of June and then I am sure that it will take some track time to sort things. I will let you know as soon as it is running and hopefully we can paddock together at a race soon. I will bring the quiche.

By the way, I am flattered that you would allow me to drive your Roadster, even for money.

gregory gauthier
356 Fan

#23 Post by gregory gauthier »

Well, it really doesn't seem easy to lower those preAs. Still haven't choose one way over the other.
Kevin here, are a few pics of your old 55 coupe. I haven't used it much since i bought it from you. On my first trip with the car I "lost" the brakes and a month after when moving it in my garage the engine "died" so I decided to fix as much as i could on the car: the tail lights, the engine, the brakes, the electricity, the dashboard, the stirring wheel, the front bumper and the front fenders. It took a year to fix those few things but hopefully the car should be done next week. I'll then install 2 speedster seats, a GT mirror and Bosch fog lights and it should be ready to go to Le Mans Classic in July.

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

Re: how to lower a 55?

#24 Post by Steve Proctor »

There must have been a cut-in point somewhere in the '55 model year for the front beam adapters?? My Continental coupe had them. I guess there could have been a horrible accident that required retrofit of a newer front beam set, but there was no evidence of that...

STP
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757

C J Murray
356 Fan

#25 Post by C J Murray »

Steve Proctor wrote:There must have been a cut-in point somewhere in the '55 model year for the front beam adapters?? My Continental coupe had them. I guess there could have been a horrible accident that required retrofit of a newer front beam set, but there was no evidence of that...

STP
Were they on front of the beams? If they were on the back like the A and later, how did you get to them?
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Perry DePietro
356 Fan

#26 Post by Perry DePietro »

If someone on the list has tried the VW drop spindles, can you let me/us know your thoughts? How does the car handle? Are there issues clearing driveways?.. speed bumps? Did you also shorten the trans hoop to reduce negative camber?

Thanks in advance.