Australien Porsche Meeting; is that a kitcar ?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!

Australien Porsche Meeting; is that a kitcar ?

#1 Post by Guest »

Hello to this forum !
My name is Jörg and i´m from Germany. Is anybody in this forum who have more pics or informations about the red car on the left site ? It looks like a 550 but the front is very different to the "normal" 550 Spyder. The door hinge is also unknown. Is it a Kitcar ? Thanks for all informations or pictures !!
And thanks to Rafik Dous for the pics !

Greetings
Jörg

Lance SEYMOUR
356 Fan

#2 Post by Lance SEYMOUR »

G'day Jorg,
This pic was at an Australian 356 Registry meeting, maybe 10 years ago in Melbourne.

The car is an Australian KitCar from the 1960s - Geneer Outlaw. Geneer (Barry Coutts) also made Formula Vees, the Geneer Vee, at that time. It was of a very good quality compared to other KitCars of the time. There were 37 made.

It was produced with a space frame and fiberglass body, most had VW running gear. This one has 356 running gear and is now Silver.

It was raced for some time until the early 2000s when the local Historic Commission "outlawed" its' entry into historic events. Over developed, I think. The car was VERY competitive in the broad class of Historic Sports Racing, weighing more than 200 Kg less than a Speedster.