Emory Motorsports Chooses CDD Autogear's ReFuze

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Martin Benade
356 Fan

Re: Emory Motorsports Chooses CDD Autogear's ReFuze

#16 Post by Martin Benade »

I’d love to see some pictures of the corvair, possibly in off-topic forum.
Cleveland Ohio
62 Cabriolet
56 VW
02 IS 300
04 Sienna

Richard Emerson
356 Fan

#17 Post by Richard Emerson »

Martin Benade wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm I’d love to see some pictures of the corvair, possibly in off-topic forum.
Me too! Sounds great.

Alan Louwerse
356 Fan

#18 Post by Alan Louwerse »

Martin and Richard

I will post some photos when I get a chance in the next few days.

I am slammed building inventory for Werks next week.

Thanks for your interest.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#19 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Richard Emerson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm
Martin Benade wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:06 pm I’d love to see some pictures of the corvair, possibly in off-topic forum.
Me too! Sounds great.
I want to see the 911 with 300k on it!! I used to live in Ontario but never made it out West there must be some great roads.

Welcome.

Jim Breazeale
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: SF Giants Fan

#20 Post by Jim Breazeale »

neilbardsley wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:32 am
Richard Emerson wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:36 pm
Me too! Sounds great.
I want to see the 911 with 300k on it!! I used to live in Ontario but never made it out West there must be some great roads.

Welcome.
You should see his Corvair. There is nothing else like it and pretty sure it will never be duplicated.

Regards

Jim
Jim Breazeale
www.easypor.com
www.facebook.com/pages/European-Auto-Salvage-Yard-EASY/120458108029410

Alan Louwerse
356 Fan

#21 Post by Alan Louwerse »

Neil

Actually the odo only shows 262K+ because the odo gears broke a few years ago and I just got them fixed at North Hollywood Speedometer.

I put the balance of the 300K on during the down time.

I will post pics as soon as I get my head above water from preparing for Werks.

Thanks for your welcome, I appreciate it.

Best Regards

Harry DeNoers
356 Fan

#22 Post by Harry DeNoers »

Alan Louwerse wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:07 pm Hi Richard

I am a retired 45 year veteran of the semiconductor industry. CDD Autogear is my retirement venture.

I currently don't own a 356 nor do I expect to own another, however I am a fan of them and enjoy the community around them. Jim Breazeale has been very generous with his support for my ReFuze effort.
I bought my first 356 over 50 years ago and drove it all over California and the west. Those were exciting times to be immersed in the sports car scene in California. Races at Laguna Seca and Riverside and rallies of all stripes.

I own a 1985 911 Carrera which I purchased new and now has over 300K on the odo. It has also been all over the west including western Canada. I recently drove CA1 from LA to SF and although there was more traffic than the 60s 70s and 80s it is still one of my favorite drives.

My other Porsche-centric ride is a 1965 Corvair with 964 suspension and AWD. It is powered by a 3.6 993 engine and a C4 six speed. This is the car that started my friendship with Jim. I went to buy a part from EASY and when Jim saw the car and its underpinnings he encouraged me to attend one of his first Saturday gatherings. It was a big hit with the assembled cast and I got invited to run a few rGruppe drives. It won't get me membership but just running with the big dogs is enough.

In those 50+ years I have only been without a Porsche for 10 or so of them. I plan to never be without one from here on out.

Good to meet you and thanks for the support.

I would love to see pictures of the Corvair. I have a 66 and trying to decide what to do with it.

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#23 Post by Jack Walter »

We want to see some pictures of that Corvair! Before I got my first Porsche (back in 1971) I had a 1965 Corvair Corsa Turbo convertible. By the time I got done playing with that car it had full IECO suspension, metallic brakes, and a completely reworked engine with a bigger turbo and a 2" SU carburetor that was putting out over 250 HP - (good for 132 mph in a speed test between mile markers on I-75 about 2:00 AM). After it got T-boned at an intersection I swapped all of the mechanicals into a 1966 coupe body which was a lot stiffer at the autocross (but not as much fun).
Corvair&Porsche.jpg
Corvair&Porsche.jpg (773.06 KiB) Viewed 1432 times