Chromax!

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jay Broemmel
356 Fan
Instagram: @slouchcycles

Chromax!

#1 Post by Jay Broemmel »

Decided to do some cleaning on my car before I put it away after the EASY event this weekend. The luggage rack was looking pretty ratty so I started there. Didn’t really have the right brush to get into all the little areas that needed cleaning. Went down to the bike shop to get this Park Tool brush. It has really stiff plastic bristles that are great for getting into small areas or where the chrome has a rubber seal against the body. Told the bike shop guy what I was up to and he told me to try this product called Chromax. It is unbelievable how well it works. Has some sort of grit in it that breaks down as you use it and almost instantly removes light corrosion and caked on junk. It made me actually want to clean all the chrome on my car, which is a sensation I have never experienced before. Also, it doesn’t have that nasty petroleum stink that traditional polishes have. Both products made in USA. Highly recommend. J
Attachments
736AF608-954A-400D-874A-6085A61CE0BE.jpeg
Last edited by Jay Broemmel on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Chromax!

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

Thanks for the tip, Jay!

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Steve Douglas
356 Fan

#3 Post by Steve Douglas »

Jay, great stuff, I have used it on chrome, just be careful on the later 356s as they have many pieces that are hard anodized aluminum, and the pumice that is in the polish can wear the coating away. The earlier cars have bare aluminum trim so will work wonders. I have been using the Never-Dull wadding on some of the anodized parts, of it although it is a bit messy, and Quick Glo polish which is very similar to Chromax. Quick and Glo has been around for a long time, and is water based pumice and wax mix, that polishes chrome wonderfully and fills in the pits and scratches with a wax coating to preserve the chrome. Get you car all shinny again, North South isn't to far off.
See you soon. Steve

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#4 Post by Mike Wilson »

Another good metal polish is Zephyr Pro 40.

Mike
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe