Catch me if you can

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Eric Hasselbalch
356 Fan

Catch me if you can

#1 Post by Eric Hasselbalch »

Greetings 356 enthusiasts,
First time for me in the form. Have a 1960 356 t5b, restoring to as close as original condition as possible. Do have the patience and skills to do a very nice job and take my time to learn. This is no Chevy. Also thank you to so many wonderful people who have been willing to share the important but not easily found details that are necessary to do a good restoration. To all whom have helped me with frantic calls of what do I do now, thank you very much.
Have checked with the PCA and have verified that I do have an original numbers matching car after spending ten years with it so far. Questions arose about the authenticity after reading Dr. Brett Johnson's book. Yet another frantic moment. The table does not show my serial number under the 1960 Super 90 cars.
Am trying to develop some prominence about the car. My father bought the car as a wreck, he did not know it had been in an accident until after it was delivered. He was a lawyer and had little mechanical skill. The car was found after he had passed and was stored in an old building and had become buried in stuff he had cleaned out of apartments over the years he rented out that building. We sold the building and the new owner called and asked if I would like to look at this car that was not obvious until uncovered by the new owner. The car had some papers and service records in it that indicated it had been purchased in the Kansas city area from a dealer named I believe Art Bunker's Porsche in 1959. Am trying to locate the second owner a man named Scott Shuessler who shows up on the second title. He may have been a movie producer. Wonder if anyone knows this gentleman? Closest have been able to get to him is a sister of his who still lives in the Kansas city area. Watched an old 'b' grade movie called "Catch me if you can" circa 1959 on the cable channel recently and saw at least four 356 cars wrecked in that movie. Am curious if anyone would know about those cars and whether or not this is one of those ruby red Super 90 Coupes that wrecked during that movie production. Does anyone else have a car that may have appeared in the movie? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

Re: Catch me if you can

#2 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Eric, Welcome!
Adam Wright; do you know this movie?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#3 Post by Adam Wright »

Vic Skirmants wrote:Eric, Welcome!
Adam Wright; do you know this movie?
Nope, haven't seen it, but I would watch Greta Thyssen eat a sandwich, so I'll hunt it down.
Attachments
greta.jpg
greta.jpg (18.63 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Eric Hasselbalch
356 Fan

#4 Post by Eric Hasselbalch »

Thanks for the photo Vic. She looks familiar only watched the movie one time. The movie has been remade twice since with the same name and different cast. Great Photo.