Show Me Original Grey Carpet

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

Re: Show Me Original Grey Carpet

#31 Post by Jim Liberty »

No foul Eric, I drive a Morgan, Sprite, and I'm restoring a Fiat 500 ABARTH "Tribute".................If it has wheels and a motor, I love it. .............Jim.
Jim Liberty

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#32 Post by Sean M Rooks »

To get back on topic - based on Wil and Tim's posts, it looks like dark grey from the Charlie chart is what they've got.

If I look at Charlie's site, the sample book for the 356C doesn't include dark grey just grey: http://derwhites356literature.com/Porsche356Colors.html

So confusing. Also it would seem that Bali blue over grey is a rare combo compared to say Bali and fawn. It is rather stunning. The only reasonably good example of light grey and Bali I could find was this one at Trissl: https://inventory.trisslsportscars.com/ ... sche-356-c

Of course, you could always feel free to pick the color you like most. :) It's your car.

PS: kinda hate to say it but the Trissl car's color doesn't seem far off from Eric's carpet!

Greg Carter
356 Fan

#33 Post by Greg Carter »

Sean,

The Trissl car is my car. I’m still tracking down history so apparently this company had it for a bit. When I bought it the incorrect radio was gone and the painted wheels had been replaced by new Stoddard chrome reproductions. I can assure you the description is misleading as it currently sits in my garage getting a full suspension / steering rebuild. It’s obviously been like that for some time.

The carpet was replaced and installed with incorrect screws below the footwell pockets. I was thinking of replacing the carpet and that’s why I started researching the “correct” grey carpet color.

Greg

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#34 Post by Greg Bryan »

This thread locked by moderator
I deleted a number of way off topics posts and opened it back up for the discussion of the original topic.
Greg Bryan

Greg Bryan
356 Fan

#35 Post by Greg Bryan »

I have unlocked this topic for further discussion of Greg Carter's original post.
Greg Bryan