Show Me Original Grey Carpet

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Rusty Ferrell
356 Fan

Re: Show Me Original Grey Carpet

#16 Post by Rusty Ferrell »

Greg, if you remove a door inside panel you may find an original piece placed inside to prevent rattle or some kind of door noise. Every C car I’ve owned had a piece inside the panel. Thanks again for the use of your truck last week.
Rusty
Rusty

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#17 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Sebastian. I just redid a 1959 Rambler for my wife with NOS cloth as well. Not the red-orange, but the cloth itself is NOS. It's surprising if you have the right sources what you can still find. There is a guy I know in Germany who worked for Ruetter. He has SO many NOS things it is simply mind-bending. All the badging, rare tie pins, even shop towels, etc., all NOS It's a candy store for 356 fanatics. If you go on my 600-page website you can see some.
Attachments
IMG_5600 copy.jpg
I'd rather drive a plastic junker than be a prig.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#18 Post by Edwin Ek »

Eric, what is your website?

C J Murray
356 Fan

#19 Post by C J Murray »

Edwin Ek wrote:Eric, what is your website?
This should be good.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#20 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Edwin, thank you for asking. It is: http://quantumrun356.com/

And the cool movie trailer is here: https://vimeo.com/207718628

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#21 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Eric Marshall Green wrote: And the carpet was custom cut and fitted by the best interior guy in the US. Why don't you go tell him to his face what you wrote. He's only 6' 4" and a Visigoth.
I'm 6'4" and would be happy to chat with your interior guy to uncover whether he's wrong or you are. The folks above are right - there's no NOS carpet set for a Speedster kit car.

If you mean you somehow found a roll of original 1955 German squareweave and had that cut to your car then that would make sense. I am dubious, but regardless the interior work does look well-done.

In any case, not sure posting photos of a 2018 replica of a 1950's Speedster's interior carpet will help a guy shooting for the accurate carpet color for a 1965 C coupe...

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#22 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

It is NOT a Speedster. I can't stand Speedsters. And it is NOT a carpet KIT. Do you guys read?

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#23 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

Poor William Reutter and Ferry Porsche. That such lovely creations should end up in such hands. OUCH! I was WARNED! But I really had no idea.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#24 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Eric Marshall Green wrote: OUCH! I was WARNED! But I really had no idea.

This is one of the saddest self-fulfilling prophecies I have ever seen. A guy was "warned" about the forum, yet comes in here guns a blazing from the get go telling everyone here that if you own a real one you are a "prig" and is shocked by the reaction he gets.

Yes, it must be us and not you. We are 8,000 strong, every single one of us an A-hole and you are the wunderkind here to save us. Please tell us everything you know because we know nothing.

Try this same approach over on the Early 911S Registry and see of you get a different reaction. Better yet, try it at ANY organization, local or online, business or social and see if there is a different outcome.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#25 Post by Jules Dielen »

I am busy disassembling my D for a better paint job and tossing the date matched 16" wheels on my 52. I may use them as a garden hose reel. Cannot thank him enough for his professional insights and knowledge.
Last edited by Jules Dielen on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Sean M Rooks
356 Fan
Tag: '64 C Coupe

#26 Post by Sean M Rooks »

Eric Marshall Green wrote:It is NOT a Speedster. I can't stand Speedsters. And it is NOT a carpet KIT. Do you guys read?
Do you? Then what is it? Where did it come from? What color would you call it? Why is it a good thing for the original poster to reference?

I apologize...I went back to look and it looks like your replica is more of a Convertible D if i have that right. Yes there are differences, and i'd personally rather have a replica or real D over the equivalent Speedster but dude how can you hate what is basically the same car with slightly different windows and top?

I'm not sure how the group has changed. I'm a younger member at 38. Been a member for 16 years almost continuously and an owner of a 356 for only 4. In my opinion value talk has gone up (along with average age maybe) but knowledge, class, and willingness to help others has stayed consistently high. It's great this club allows non-owners too. Can't say that about the PCA.

It's the 356 Registry, not the replica registry. What do people expect from a club for owners of cars with a porsche VIN?

Tom Roos
356 Fan

#27 Post by Tom Roos »

Sigh.
I never thought I would miss Miami Air.
Tom
Tom Roos

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#28 Post by Jim Liberty »

OK guys. There is no such thing as original with any color. Just like today, carpet dye lots are different in the same color, as is the case with paint. Do any of you really think Porsche was concerned with every car having a "Correct" color. The colors were mixed by hand, and we all know he hand is not steady.
........................................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Greg Carter
356 Fan

#29 Post by Greg Carter »

So original 356C grey carpet then? :-)

Greg

Eric Marshall Green
356 Fan

#30 Post by Eric Marshall Green »

I was attempting to offer another way to approach the issue and come out pleased. And by the way, the vinyl binding (correct for open cars) is NOT NOS. But I did very carefully choose the color.
Attachments
IMG_3765 copy.JPG