MS Paint?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Ron LaDow
356 Fan

MS Paint?

#1 Post by Ron LaDow »

Really off-topic:
Is anyone here familiar with MS Paint? I can get it to color-fill at some times and not at others.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Alan Hall
356 Fan

Re: MS Paint?

#2 Post by Alan Hall »

Ron,
I'll bite, is MS a brand, or a MS mil-spec, or a type of paint?
Alan

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#3 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Alan,

MS = Microsoft. MS Paint is a basic graphics manipulator.

Ron,

If this is just for an isolated project I can help you with it if you'd like. I use Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. If it's a general MS Paint question then I am not familiar with using it and cannot help, sorry.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Alan Hall
356 Fan

#4 Post by Alan Hall »

Sebastian,
Thanks...I feel a little silly for not recognizing that Ron was talking a software item!

Ron LaDow
356 Fan

#5 Post by Ron LaDow »

Alan,
My mistake; I should have been more clear, but I was FRUSTRATED! But thank you for at least looking at the post in the hopes of helping.
Sebastian,
Thank you for your attempt to help also, and perhaps I might end up helping you.
Suffice to say that PAINT works for at least 90% of the drawings Pre Mat sends to vendors, but cross-hatching to indicate sections is a pain and 'filling' with some color would be wonderful if it would do the same. Except:
Here's what I've found after doing (as you can imagine) some serious A-B reduction head beating (change this, still work?; step two, change that, [iterate until the answer is obvious]....)
If you open a PAINT document and begin creating forms, it works exactly like the tutorials on YouTube: Click on the 'fill' bucket, choose a color, click on the space and viola!.
However, if you start with a document created in some other format and then open it in PAINT, the "fill" function simply does not work. And the Pre Mat sketch sheet is generated in Photo Viewer; tough.
But here's where I might return the favor:
If you are ever in need of doing so, look up there a bit to the left on the PAINT tool bar and you'll see a listing of "brushes". It is much, much quicker to use those with the color of your choice to define a section view than to try to free-hand cross-hatches across a large diameter tube, for example.
Again, thanks to both of you.
Ron LaDow
www.precisionmatters.biz

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#6 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Alan Hall wrote:Sebastian,
Thanks...I feel a little silly for not recognizing that Ron was talking a software item!
Me too. I was wondering if he was brushing it on or using a spray gun?

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#7 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Vic Skirmants wrote:
Alan Hall wrote:Sebastian,
Me too. I was wondering if he was brushing it on or using a spray gun?
Both are available on MS Paint :)