David Jones Cymru

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
John Clarke
356 Fan

David Jones Cymru

#1 Post by John Clarke »

Hi David
Hope you are keeping well now. I always value your 356 knowledge and wondered when I read in one of your posts that you lived over here in Devizes and enjoyed real ale. How did you end up over in the States from Cymru?
Kind regards
Jay

David Jones
Classifieds Moderator
Tag: I wish I knew as much as I think I know.

Re: David Jones Cymru

#2 Post by David Jones »

Hi John. I am doing a lot better and actually managing to do a lot more out in the garage. 6 months ago it was touch and go as to whether I would survive so it is a bonus to once again enjoy working on my cars.
As to my ending up in the states it was just the normal turn of events in my life. 14 years in the RAF then left while living in Wiltshire then got in to the oil industry. Apparently I had an aptitude for the process analytical profession, chased a woman to the States and was offered a job in Chicago and then went via California to Oklahoma to Texas then Ohio and eventually retired to Kentucky. I was fortunate that I always enjoyed what I did and was paid to do it.
I read your posts and am often envious of the fact that you get to go to many places and events I would love to attend. I will never complete my bucket list but I should not complain as I have been to a lot of places most people never get the chance to visit and have done things that I never thought I would do.
I have learned as has been said to never take life to seriously as you will never get out of it alive.
If I had known I would live this long I would have pushed the envelope a little harder.
Cymru am byth
David Jones #9715