Celebrating the 4th in Hell

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Richard Zarbo
356 Fan

Celebrating the 4th in Hell

#1 Post by Richard Zarbo »

Michigan that is 8)
Happy 4th of July to everyone.
Attachments
IMG_0009.jpg
61 D'Ieteren Roadster, 71 911, 95 993 Cabrio, 98 993 C2S, 21 Macan S

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Celebrating the 4th in Hell

#2 Post by Adam Wright »

Is that near route 666?
Attachments
route666.jpg
route666.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bob Forman »

Keying from Adam's post, in the 70's I was driving from Atlanta (sister's) to Athens (a friend's home), GA. I had a map with 2 or 3 highway numbers I was following. On a country road, I eventually arrive at a T. Probably 7 or 8 road signs looking at me pointing in all directions.....none of the roads I was following. So I turn left and a few hundred feet up the road is a gas station. I asked the attendant if this was the road to Athens? He said: "I don't know. I've never been out of town." True story.
Bob Forman

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

Bob Forman wrote:Keying from Adam's post, in the 70's I was driving from Atlanta (sister's) to Athens (a friend's home), GA. I had a map with 2 or 3 highway numbers I was following. On a country road, I eventually arrive at a T. Probably 7 or 8 road signs looking at me pointing in all directions.....none of the roads I was following. So I turn left and a few hundred feet up the road is a gas station. I asked the attendant if this was the road to Athens? He said: "I don't know. I've never been out of town." True story.
You were probably on 316, also known as The Atlanta Highway, made famous by the B-52's, "Headed down the Atlanta Hiiii-Way"
I did two years at UGA, I know that route well.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Bob Forman wrote:Keying from Adam's post, in the 70's I was driving from Atlanta (sister's) to Athens (a friend's home), GA. I had a map with 2 or 3 highway numbers I was following. On a country road, I eventually arrive at a T. Probably 7 or 8 road signs looking at me pointing in all directions.....none of the roads I was following. So I turn left and a few hundred feet up the road is a gas station. I asked the attendant if this was the road to Athens? He said: "I don't know. I've never been out of town." True story.
Brilliant!