356 Fan

Tag: KTF
Is that near route 666?

Attachments:
route666.jpg
route666.jpg [ 42.33 KiB | Viewed 951 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:22 am 
356 Fan

Keying from Adam's post, in the 70's I was driving from Atlanta (sister's) to Athens (a friend's home), GA. I had a map with 2 or 3 highway numbers I was following. On a country road, I eventually arrive at a T. Probably 7 or 8 road signs looking at me pointing in all directions.....none of the roads I was following. So I turn left and a few hundred feet up the road is a gas station. I asked the attendant if this was the road to Athens? He said: "I don't know. I've never been out of town." True story.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 am 
356 Fan

Tag: KTF
Bob Forman wrote:
Keying from Adam's post, in the 70's I was driving from Atlanta (sister's) to Athens (a friend's home), GA. I had a map with 2 or 3 highway numbers I was following. On a country road, I eventually arrive at a T. Probably 7 or 8 road signs looking at me pointing in all directions.....none of the roads I was following. So I turn left and a few hundred feet up the road is a gas station. I asked the attendant if this was the road to Athens? He said: "I don't know. I've never been out of town." True story.

You were probably on 316, also known as The Atlanta Highway, made famous by the B-52's, "Headed down the Atlanta Hiiii-Way"
I did two years at UGA, I know that route well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 am 
356 Fan

Bob Forman wrote:

Brilliant!