Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Dana McDaniel
356 Fan

Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen

#1 Post by Dana McDaniel »

I just this saw this posted on Facebook by Michael Rogers who started Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen twelve years ago. It starts with:
To promote the good will within the Porsche community the PCA or Porsche Club of America has decided to go after my little "Treffen" with a cease and desist for using the word Treffen. According to the 356 Registry magazine it's the "best little car show you have never heard of" (I have until April 15th to stop using Treffen so let's see how many times until then I can use the word before then Treffen....Treffen....Treffen). So I just got off the phone with Vu Nguyen Executive Director of PCA and he won't let me use the word Treffen.
This seems a bit draconian to trademark a word meaning "to meet" and enforcing it on an event like this. This isn't the spirit we use to enjoy our community and our cars. I'm not a PCA member anymore, and this doesn't attract me to be one.
Dana McDaniel

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

Re: Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen

#2 Post by Emil Wojcik »

Dana, see the thread in the main forum: "Watch out the PCA owns the word "Treffen" and I got a cease"
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Dana McDaniel
356 Fan

#3 Post by Dana McDaniel »

Thank you.
Dana McDaniel

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#4 Post by Emil Wojcik »

No problem, Dana. I hope you find the info in that thread informative. You'll see Porsche really has no choice.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420