Mailing label concern. Can the registry take this seriously

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

Mailing label concern. Can the registry take this seriously

#1 Post by Rafik Dous »

Question to the registry management
Why is the address on the magazine printed in size 5 font that seriously needs a magnifying glass to read. And to add to the difficulty, it's printed in black letters on a grey background

I haven't received two of the last 3 publications. I wrote to the registry once and received a replacement but asked for the label to be changed. I didn't receive a response
Have a look at the label below and see if you can find the address. Very difficult
I just received the current issue today. I am honestly surprised it got to me

Being in Australia, the magazine is the only value I receive from my membership. So if the registry cannot get the mailing house to improve their service, we (subscribers from aboard) need to be told so we make a decision to renew or not

Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG_6917.JPG

gregg hake
356 Fan

Re: Mailing label concern. Can the registry take this seriou

#2 Post by gregg hake »

20 years ago, I would have chuckled at this !!
My eyes are not what they used to be...and I think 98% of this group would agree with Mr. Dous. Big text is a good thing for our aging demographic.

Gordon Maltby
Registry Hall of Fame

#3 Post by Gordon Maltby »

Mr. Dous,

Of course we take what you say seriously. Consider, however, that thousands of our magazines and others from the same printer, including Excellence and Panorama, are mailed in a similar way. Also consider that the label text is not meant to be read by you. You already know who you are and where you live. The bar code is what speeds it on its way through the automated systems. The semi-opaque band on the polybag and the inkjet size and font are standard and get the job done for pretty much everyone else.

The fact that a member has not received a magazine almost always stems from problems at the downstream end of the mail system; in other words in your case, somewhere in Australia. The problem you describe is not widespread.

To you, of course, it's a big deal and we hope to address (no pun intended) your concern. We will replace your magazine and we will also ask the printer to increase the size of the font. It may or may not be possible, but we will ask the question.

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#4 Post by Rafik Dous »

Hi Gordon
Thank you for the reply
I wasn't referring to myself not being able to read the label, as you said, I don't need to
It's about the mailing system not recognising the shipping address
Anyway, you addressed my concerns already
Thanks again