Dean Jeffries' Carrera for sale

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jon Schmid
356 Fan

Dean Jeffries' Carrera for sale

#1 Post by Jon Schmid »

I see that Dean's old 356 Carrera is for sale in The Samba's classifieds, probably here, too. A mere $800000 and it's yours.

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

Re: Dean Jeffries' Carrera for sale

#2 Post by Jim Karaba »

Yup, Carrera's are not cheap and this one sure has the "cool" factor and history. Maybe the original and first "outlaw".

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jack Walter »

I have decided its time to pass the Carrera on so I have I listed it for sale on this site here: https://porsche356registry.org/classifieds/13553

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#4 Post by Adam Wright »

Jack, is this the same car?
Attachments
jackcar.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#5 Post by Jack Walter »

Adam Wright wrote:Jack, is this the same car?
Not even close - but funny. There was a guy from New Jersey down at Amelia Island that saw my car and remembered it from the magazines in the late 1950's.
He said it inspired him to get a Porsche - a 356B if I remember correctly. A few weeks after he bought it he was "distracted" by a pair of very shapely tight white hip hugger pants that were walking down a sidewalk and ran into the back of the car in front of him. When he went to the body shop with the rearranged front end on his Porsche he asked the body man if he knew of Dean Jeffries Porsche.

The body man looked at him and said "Yes, I know the car and before you even ask, No we are not doing that."

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#6 Post by Jack Walter »

Adam, I thought that looked familiar and I dug up an old picture a friend took down in central Florida in 1996 - I think it may be the car you found the picture of. A very crude and ugly sorta copy of Jeffries idea. What is puzzling is that my Carrera was in central Florida from around 1967-69. I wonder if someone down there saw it and tried to copy it. Any other info on those pics?
Attachments
Porsche custom.jpg

Jim Karaba
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jim Karaba »

Those are the same cars. Cool! A pre-A also. Wonder where it is now.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#8 Post by Adam Wright »

Jack Walter wrote:Adam, I thought that looked familiar and I dug up an old picture a friend took down in central Florida in 1996 - I think it may be the car you found the picture of. A very crude and ugly sorta copy of Jeffries idea. What is puzzling is that my Carrera was in central Florida from around 1967-69. I wonder if someone down there saw it and tried to copy it. Any other info on those pics?
I'm trying to dig out old pics now but I think that car ended up at Kempton's place.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#9 Post by Jack Walter »

In a week or two I'm going to have Dean's Carrera up for sale on the Petrolicious web site. I met the photographer for a photo shoot today - looking forward to seeing the results.

The photographer was really impressed with the car - he said he loved how the light played with the curves and the graduations on how the paint reflected were very pretty.
I took this snapshot but I expect his shots to be much more spectacular.
Attachments
PorscheatBulloch1s.jpg

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#10 Post by Jack Walter »

The listing went live on the Petrolicious website this evening. They do a lot of Porsche and Alfa Romeo stuff and I'm a big fan of their work so I decided an unconventional car needs an unconventional approach to selling it. They were real excited to tell the story of Dean Jeffries and his Porsche Carrera and did a great job.

http://petrolicious.com/dean-jeffries-1 ... rera-coupe
Attachments
PorscheatBulloch3.jpg

Jack Walter
356 Fan

#11 Post by Jack Walter »

The Kustomrama web page on the Carrera has been updated recently to correct a couple of errors that had been made in the description and to update some info.

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?tit ... 56_Porsche