912 BBS For Sale Section

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
James Rogers
356 Fan

912 BBS For Sale Section

#1 Post by James Rogers »

I recently tried to post a *few 912 items* on the 912BBS and come to find out, after an inquiry I'm deemed a "commercial menace." This is because I have too many parts for sale of the *Early 911S.* Yes, basically I was *somehow* stalked by a moderator on the Early S and blocked from any for sale posting on the 912 BBS. It's not imperative I use their site, but I did get, what I consider a "run around" message from an unnamed moderator say, I wasn't being singled out or as she put "trolled" when plan as day I was. I can see why that site has very little traffic. it's pretty red neck if you as me.

Phil Planck
356 Fan

Re: 912 BBS For Sale Section

#2 Post by Phil Planck »

James
Hate to disagree with you but the 912bbs technical forum has as much traffic as this one. I seldom check the 912bbs classifieds. Being a relatively new 912 owner, I have not noticed the red necks you refer to.
Phil Planck

James Rogers
356 Fan

#3 Post by James Rogers »

Hi Phil,

I just took a close look at the classified section. I should mention, my main complaint was there are others not mention names that I immediately keyed in on, one in particular who basically runs a web site/business and is allowed to post freely there. Somehow I was singled out and feel the need to let others know what's going on there. Even after bring it to one the moderators attention, I got the *beat around message.* Interestingly enough, what I do on one web site, I get blocked on another. No, problem at all with rules, but they need to be distributed fairly.

Thx,
Jim

Dan Epperly
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dan Epperly »

James Rogers wrote:I recently tried to post a *few 912 items* on the 912BBS and come to find out, after an inquiry I'm deemed a "commercial menace." This is because I have too many parts for sale of the *Early 911S.* Yes, basically I was *somehow* stalked by a moderator on the Early S and blocked from any for sale posting on the 912 BBS. It's not imperative I use their site, but I did get, what I consider a "run around" message from an unnamed moderator say, I wasn't being singled out or as she put "trolled" when plan as day I was. I can see why that site has very little traffic. it's pretty red neck if you as me.

Pretty harsh comment about the 912 BBS. The people there are really nice and helpful. There are always two sides to a story...

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#5 Post by Bob Forman »

Jim, Did they really use the term: "commercial menace?"
Bob Forman

Matthew Devereux
356 Fan

#6 Post by Matthew Devereux »

I've had good luck on The Samba and there is always Pelican too.
Matthew Devereux
'00 Boxster S
'58 356A coupe

James Rogers
356 Fan

#7 Post by James Rogers »

Dan Epperly wrote:
James Rogers wrote:I recently tried to post a *few 912 items* on the 912BBS and come to find out, after an inquiry I'm deemed a "commercial menace." This is because I have too many parts for sale of the *Early 911S.* Yes, basically I was *somehow* stalked by a moderator on the Early S and blocked from any for sale posting on the 912 BBS. It's not imperative I use their site, but I did get, what I consider a "run around" message from an unnamed moderator say, I wasn't being singled out or as she put "trolled" when plan as day I was. I can see why that site has very little traffic. it's pretty red neck if you as me.

Pretty harsh comment about the 912 BBS. The people there are really nice and helpful. There are always two sides to a story...
I didn't say, "they are not nice" my point is pretty clear, *they do not distribute their rules fairly.* Most of my posts in the past (and not many were WTB) and the moderator who I wrote too, must of talked to the one who blocked me from posting. Like I told her, there are plenty of other sites to post on, so not a major issue, but when I see rules being applied not across the board, I will raise the red flag.

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#8 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Alrighty then..... I cannot speak for any other forums, but I will say that you will find the rules in our classifieds section regarding for sale items to be pretty clear and evenly enforced, so post some stuff up for sale and let's see what you've got!
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

JERRY LANDES
356 Fan

#9 Post by JERRY LANDES »

If I wanted 911 parts I would look on those websites. This is pretty much a 356 site and seeing 17 items posted in about three days for mostly non 356 items seems very commercial to me. I think that you are abusing the site. Some might call that a commercial menace.
On top of that you are jumping onto our forum complaining about the 912 site at the same time that you are abusing the 356 site!

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#10 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

If James is a member in good standing and he follows the rules of the classifieds, then he can post items for sale. It does not matter if one likes what he's doing or not. If the rules says he can do it, then he can do it.

I do not know James and also did not care for the 912BBS bashing, but if his listings are within the rules then it is OK.

From the Registry Classifieds FAQ

"Are Commercial Ad From Vendors Allowed in the classifieds

Yes, provided the ad is for a specific item. The classifieds is not open for general vendor advertisement. All vendor ads (an ad which is affiliated in any way with a commercial business, whether selling or buying), must be posted in the Vendors category. Posting for vendors is currently free and we encourage it. Please do not cross post your ad, i.e. post it in another category in addition to the Vendors category."

Also, there is nothing in the Classifieds Rules prohibiting him from selling anything in the manner he is doing so. In the beginning it states "The classifieds are actively moderated and ads which do not adhere to the rules will be deleted without warning."

It appears he is listing items within the rules.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

JERRY LANDES
356 Fan

#11 Post by JERRY LANDES »

Sebastian, A couple of years ago I had pretty much stopped looking at the Samba because a few people were flooding the site with pages of items for sale and then one day I figured out how to use the block function. Now I visit that site all the time. I wish that we had that function on our site but we don't and its starting to look like we need to either change the rules or other commercial menaces will take advantage of our site.

Jerry Landes

Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

#12 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

[quote="JERRY LANDES"]Sebastian, A couple of years ago I had pretty much stopped looking at the Samba because a few people were flooding the site with pages of items for sale and then one day I figured out how to use the block function. Now I visit that site all the time. I wish that we had that function on our site but we don't and its starting to look like we need to either change the rules or other commercial menaces will take advantage of our site.

Hi Jerry,

I don't disagree with what you are saying at all, but since he is not breaking any rules then he can list items until those rules change.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe