Kyoto

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Helge Tielker
356 Fan
Instagram: www.instagram.com/helge356/

Kyoto

#1 Post by Helge Tielker »

Glen, You are probably right, but if men don't ask men will neither get an answer. We are travelling throughout Japan actually and even there is a lot to See a personal contact face to face is always nice. Our schedule is Tokio, Nagasaki, Beppu,Hiroshima, Kyoto, Nara, himeij, Koyasan, osaka and back to Tokio. We wanted to Climb mount Futji san but an injury prevented us ;) unfortunately cause we arranged everything.
We See massive new Porsches , lots of Mercedes and hundreds MX-5's but cars before 1965 are not to spot - except a really bad wide body speedster replica.....
Thanks for your comments we are back on earth enjoying good food and a wonderful country and people.
356 B Coupe 12/59 ruby red/ black
"REDMAXX"
356 C Coupe 64 BaliBlue
(under restoration)

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: Kyoto

#2 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

Not much 356 stuff to post here, but I know the tubs are there. It was my good fortune to be in California with the Navy when I noticed that U of California at San Diego (UCSD) had scheduled a study tour of Japanese art and architecture beginning the month after I was to complete my tour of duty, and that college credits were involved. That was back in the summer of '71, also the Worlds Fair was in Japan that year. All the cities you chose to visit were on our list of reacon stops (village hotels) we would be bedding down for the night. The tour lasted 6 weeks, it was like being in wonder land. Know you are soaking it all in. Wonderful landscapes, people, and culture. Oh the memories you are making! All the best, here's wishing you a few 356 sightings. If anyone on this forum is paying attention, hopefully they will reach out. Mentioning the places you are visiting should do the trick if the faithful are tuned in.
Attachments
cleangENGbay.png