Receiving Forum discussion Messages on email

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Ron Cherone
356 Fan

Receiving Forum discussion Messages on email

#1 Post by Ron Cherone »

Hi, is there a way, to be notified through email, that a discussion question on the forum has been answered?
Say on my personal email or?

Thank you
Ron

Mark Sabbann
356 Fan

Re: Receiving Forum discussion Messages on email

#2 Post by Mark Sabbann »

Alternative #1, if you are on the TalkForum page, you can click on the User Control Panel link in the upper right of the screen. From the Control Panel screen, you see the Options window in the upper left where you can click on 'Digests'. From the Digest screen, you can select the type and frequency for a digest which will be sent via email to you. The digest will include any new postings in the TalkForum so you can scroll through it to find the topic you want to follow. The digest won't tell you if a discussion question has been 'answered', i.e. 'resolved' but it will show any responses made to that topic. Alternative #2, if you post a comment on any topic, you are effectively 'subscribed' to that topic and you will get an email indicating that there has been one or more comments posted following the one you made. So the Digest option lets you follow all topics with new responses vs. the subscription option which follows only the one you have posted to. Alternative #3, the main TalkForum Board Index webpage shows all the sub-forums. If you want to follow one sub-forum specifically, click on that forum link and then on that sub-forum page in the upper left beneath the 'New Topic' button is the link called 'Subscribe Forum'. Click on that link and you will be subscribed to that sub-forum. I think this allows you to follow the sub-forum whether you have posted there or not, as in Alternative #2. Un-subscribing to a sub-forum can be handled on your User Control Panel, Manage Subscriptions link in the upper left corner. Hopefully some or all of this info gets you what you want!
Mark Sabbann
1964 SC Coupe 'Essy'
1965 C Coupe 'The Yellow Delicious'