Future owners of Porsche 356's

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: Future owners of Porsche 356's

#16 Post by Adam Wright »

steverestelli wrote:It is true, drive one around and see the thumbs go up.
The question I am always asked about my '61 notchback.........."Is that a real one?"
I was at a gas station in TN with this car on my trailer, a couple of good ol boys walked up. One asked,
"Is that real?"
Before I could answer his friend said,
"It's a kit car"

I said, "Yeah, it's that new plastic that rusts..."

Went right over their heads, which wasn't very hard to do.
Attachments
tnr111.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

M Penta
356 Fan

#17 Post by M Penta »

Hard to say what the future holds for any classic car, but I tend to think that small, interesting and beautiful sports cars such as the 356 will always be desirable. I think less so for gas guzzling muscle cars, judging by what young folks around me lead me to believe anyway. Also, I would not be surprised to see some kind of tax on weight and engine displacement in coming years. The small cars will fare even better if so.

With that said, many younger guys I talk to who are into to cars don't even know what a 356 is until they see a pic of one. They all do seem to agree they possess a timeless beauty.

I will let my kids drive it (with me in it) My 11 yr old already drives stick well, and my 7 yr old gets it but can't reach the pedals. Driving manual trans in my household is mandatory!

Dick Douglass
356 Fan

#18 Post by Dick Douglass »

A future tax on weight and engine displacement would have to be a Federal Tax, and the Auto Industry would fight any attempt at a Tax. Donald already said he wants to build America.

Bill Coghlan
356 Fan

#19 Post by Bill Coghlan »

When I registered my three cars in Washington State last year, the license fee (tax) was, in part, based on weight.