911 Carrera 3.0

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Willis
356 Fan

911 Carrera 3.0

#1 Post by Adam Willis »

Hello,

While not necessarily new to the 356 registry, I have not posted many topics...and this one is not even about a 356...I am trying to gather information from some experts out there in the Porsche community on the 1976-1977 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 ROW. While there is information on the web, I was hoping to get a lead on some experts whom would have information on

-value
-authenticity (how to tell)
-are the options coded for these vehicles different from the 911's of that year
-why would a ROW 911 have a MPH speedometer and not a KPH (I must have missed a country that uses MPH outside the US)
-How accurate is a COA on these vehicles
-Where, other than the Identification plate, is the VIN stamped?

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it..

Thanks

Adam

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: 911 Carrera 3.0

#2 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

Sorry Adam, my 3.0L is an SC version built in '80. But, not to fret, this is the 356 Registry and there are all kinds of Porsche interest to be found here. On second thought, why would you ever expect to find anyone with the information you seek, that might respond to your post from this site? Talk about a wild card call for assistance in the out-back corner of the Porsche community. Then again, maybe the smartest move possible, as Porsche people are always diversified in their driving interest. Best of luck at hitting pay dirt. Not exactly where I would have trolled for fresh support.

glen
Boerne, Texas

Adam Willis
356 Fan

#3 Post by Adam Willis »

Glen,

Yeah, I thought it might be a long shot...but as you say, a hail marry pass and hopefully someone will come down with the ball...have fun in old Boerne...spent some time in that area..

Adam

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#4 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

[attachment=0]cleangENGbay.png Its no longer the Boerne of ole, things are hopping in the hill country. Still bearable for now, maybe we can adjust to the influx of fresh blood. The hill country, never was there a better place for folks with more time than money to spend a perfectly beautiful blue bird day. Winter, this one has been one for the record books. Haven't stoked the wood stove for, ohhhhh, maybe almost three weeks now. Yep, life is good in the hill country. Best wishes with you hunt for info, nice throw of the net.

glen
Boerne, Texas
Attachments
cleangENGbay.png

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Adam Willis
356 Fan

#6 Post by Adam Willis »