Disposable Gloves

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Dick Douglass
356 Fan

Disposable Gloves

#1 Post by Dick Douglass »

To protect your hands which brand do you recommend?

Recently we received a new product called Astro Grip, a power free nitrile glove. Bright orange for high visibility, and 6 mil, no latex.

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: Disposable Gloves

#2 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

All gloves are disposable, but, I get your point. Since you raised the subject I wanted to chime in on a glove that I've come to appreciate for its pure utility. And, when I'm done with it, I toss it. The brand is MaxiFlex by Endurance model 34-835. The palms are beaded and the backs are breathable. They are not oil or solvent proof, but will allow one to pick up the smallest washers from the floor or storage tray while keeping your hands warm, dry, and as I mentioned, breathable. Good work gloves are hard to find but these are readily available with a bit of on-line searching. Yes they come in small, medium and large. My hands are not large so the mediums are snugly fitting. Nearly as tractable has having no gloves on at all.

Fred Gruendig
356 Fan

#3 Post by Fred Gruendig »

I use a product called "soap & water" :D
"The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty" :D

Fred

Wes Bender
356 Fan

#4 Post by Wes Bender »

Diamond Grip is another brand that works well. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, Fred, but I draw the line at drain oil and harsh chemicals.

Cheers,
Wes
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.....

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#5 Post by Adam Wright »

We use the rubber/mesh ones. You can pick up the yellow ones at Harbor Freight for $2 or I buy the blue ones wholesale for about .70

I like them because you can still feel and have good movement, but they also provide good protection. Plus the backs breath, which helps.
But they are cheap enough that you can just pitch them when they get old. The only thing you can't do is leave them in the sun, if you do they get sticky and it never goes away.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but don't like them cut, burned, scraped, or anything else, hence I wear gloves, a lot.
Attachments
IMG_9113.JPG
IMG_9112.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Dick Douglass
356 Fan

#6 Post by Dick Douglass »

As they say on "KNBR" in San Francisco......Great Knowledge !!!

At SEMA in Las Vegas they used to pass out RAVEN in a 4 pack and this year we got Astro/Orange.

Jim Alton
356 Fan

#7 Post by Jim Alton »

My main disposable glove is CostCo Kirkland Signature™ Nitrile Exam Gloves 400ct.

Even if you have no latex allergy, petroleum products can get through latex gloves.

The CostCo gloves aren't all that durable and yet I have cut myself through them without puncturing the glove. They will keep the blood off your car. At least they're cheap.

Jim Alton
Los Angeles County, CA
1958 Porsche 356A Cabriolet
1965 Porsche 911 Coupé
1966 Volkswagen Type 2
2003 Porsche 986 Boxster

Steve Proctor
356 Fan

#8 Post by Steve Proctor »

Here is another option. Keeps cuts scrapes and dryness / cracking due to solvent exposure to a minimum. For long term solvent work, I do use some heavy rubber gloves for for valve covers, etc., that don't require much time, these work great and don't "grow" like the exam gloves.
Attachments
Flock.JPG
STP
Steve Proctor
Member Since 1977
VIN 84757