VW Mess

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Re: VW Mess

#76 Post by Adam Wright »

Looks like blue skies ahead, VW takes global lead in car sales

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-volks ... SKCN0XN23E

My stock is up 30% from when I bought right after the scandal hit, 30% is a good return in my book.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#77 Post by Edwin Ek »

I just read that VW is de-emphasizing diesel cars and has made a large commitment to electric ones.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#78 Post by Adam Wright »

As of today's stock price, I'm up 35%, I think VW is headed out of the storm. In some ways this will be good for the company, they were probably able to cut out some deadwood in management as well as being forced to look at all of their costs and find ways to save money thereby coming out of this leaner and stronger.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#79 Post by Adam Wright »

Strange development, VW's US program for owning stock the ADR has been cancelled. I'm checking with my broker on what options I have now, but anyone owning VLKAY has until February to decide what to do with their stock.

There are two options for those holding the ADR. One is the unsponsored program set up through JP Morgan that is unsponsored. The other option is a sponsored program where holders of the ADR can get Volkswagen stock that only trades on foreign exchanges.
I'm leaning toward the actual stock, although I think if I ever decide to sell it becomes more complicated because it must be sold on a foreign stock exchange.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#80 Post by Bob Forman »

I chose the former which provides 2 JPM ADR's for each outgoing ADR. The new ticker will be VWAGY once it's all set up.
Bob Forman

chris romney
356 Fan

#81 Post by chris romney »

I would take the new unsponsored ADR's. You definitely want whatever provides the most liquidity and is easiest to trade should you ever decide to sell. That would not be the foreign shares. You should also check with your broker. They may not be willing or able to hold the foreign shares.