Terror

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

Terror

#1 Post by Adam Wright »

We all live in fear of something happening to one of our cars, we care for them that much. Yesterday my son Max and I went to an afternoon movie, on the way home the highway traffic came to a complete stop because of heavy rain. We had been caught in it when leaving the movie and were soaked by the time we got to the car, but we thought it was funny at the time.
IMG_7204.JPG
Once the traffic stopped on the highway it starting hailing, big heavy hail, hitting the car like bullets. I was in my two owner C43 AMG Benz and felt a real terror of a million dings in the car. The traffic starting moving again and we were getting off our exit and I thought we could hide under the bridge, as I turn to do this I see about 200 cars under the bridge, which was strange, and then my phone starting blaring an alert which read, "Tornado in your area, take cover".
So I'm now about 4 minutes from home, but where to go, there is nothing but farmland between me and home. Also, that "terror" that I was feeling for dings in my car has now been replaced with real terror when I am about 2 minutes from my house and look across the corn fields and see a gigantic cyclonic spinning thing. I raced home, Max and I jumped out of the car and met my wife and daughter in the basement. I left the car in the driveway, to hell with the hail, we had real problems.
Luckily, the tornado was a few miles away, though our town did get some damage, enough to make the news for the whole area. But we were fine, and I don't think anyone else got hurt, just some tree damage.
It just goes to show that while we are all very protective of our cars, life has a way of showing us what is really important.

BTW, after it was all over I pulled the car into the garage, and the thick German steel had not one dimple!
IMG_7205.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

Re: Terror

#2 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

I sure hope you live in California, they really need the rain, or, so I hear.

Jon Schmid
356 Fan

#3 Post by Jon Schmid »

We need rain, which we just got some in SoCal (go figure in July) but no one needs tornadoes. Glad to hear you and your family are safe, Adam.

Vic Skirmants
Registry Hall of Fame

#4 Post by Vic Skirmants »

Happy you all are safe.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#5 Post by Steve Harrison »

You can take the boy out of the South,..but you can't take the South out of the boy.
Tornado's ?...! In New York?...
Seems the weather followed you, haha.
Happy ending thankfully.

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#6 Post by Adam Wright »

Steve Harrison wrote:You can take the boy out of the South,..but you can't take the South out of the boy.
Tornado's ?...! In New York?...
Seems the weather followed you, haha.
Happy ending thankfully.
Steve-
I'm ok with the tornados following me, as long as the women don't, I left some crazies back in Atlanta.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Paul Kust
356 Fan

#7 Post by Paul Kust »

At least it wasn't a Sharknado!
Paul Kust
'57 T-1 101611

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#8 Post by Adam Wright »

Just to prove I wasn't dreaming it all up, my neighbor sent me this picture. Apparently it started over a nearby lake, she has a place on said lake. Scary.
Attachments
Tornado Valatie July 19,2015.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Ashley Page
356 Fan

#9 Post by Ashley Page »

Now that it's over and everyone is thankfully safe - that is an awesome picture!