When million dollar cars were just cars...

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jim Nelson
356 Fan

When million dollar cars were just cars...

#1 Post by Jim Nelson »

I'm figuring....daily driver...
11695748_10153669680559206_731656815858051247_n.jpg

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: When million dollar cars were just cars...

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

I heard that the MB hauled but not like this?! Ha!
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

#3 Post by Emil Wojcik »

That must have been a fun ride--looks like it's about to do a wheelie.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

Glen Hamner, Jr
356 Fan
Tag: '63 S/R project, '80 911SC, '11 Cayenne

#4 Post by Glen Hamner, Jr »

The bent bumper override brace is an unfortunate touch. No rocket scientist or engineer resides behind the wheel of that poor piece of urban conveyance. I've never had much appreciation for people with more resources than sense. Were there even air ride shocks back then.

What am I saying, I remember loading my father-in-laws El Camino with a bundle of plywood straight from the mill's loading dock and traveling 50 miles to my first home project back in the day. It had air shocks in the rear and as I recall, the load was more than the air pressure could compensate for.

Oh the optimistic and carefree perspective of youth, may we all survive the misfortunes of being forever young. Lets see, shouldn't I add a bit of 356 content?

The 356 project is currently stalled while our son and grandson settle in for a weeks visit. Was glad to see them come and will be damn glad to see them go. Interesting how a visit to gramps is just another vacation opportunity for the self centered prodigy of my better half's handiwork. Family, thankfully we all get to pick our friends, blessings all around to the faithful.

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brian R Adams »

glen hamner wrote: The 356 project is currently stalled while our son and grandson settle in for a weeks visit. Was glad to see them come and will be damn glad to see them go. Interesting how a visit to gramps is just another vacation opportunity for the self centered prodigy of my better half's handiwork. Family, thankfully we all get to pick our friends, blessings all around to the faithful.
What? You have free "dull end of stick" labor, and you're not pressing them into service? Or perhaps you wouldn't trust them in the same room with a 356.
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Bob Kittel
356 Fan

#6 Post by Bob Kittel »

he wouldn't pay the 10 dollars to have the lumber delivered?
Bob Kittel