Parking lots….

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Jim Nelson
356 Fan

Parking lots….

#1 Post by Jim Nelson »

So this knucklehead decides, with a sparsely populated parking lot, he needs to park like a (insert your favorite word here) maybe 6 inches from the Bentley.
IMG_0042.JPG
I'm thinking, I have to get away from that, so I pick a spot where there's no one in the line at all….and you know what happens. Every freaking time I go out of my way to park where no one is around, this seems to happen. WTF…. If I was to go straight out of the spot I would hit him.
IMG_0043.JPG
(why do the pictures load the right way, and then the thumbnail shows up off 90 degrees?)

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

Re: Parking lots….

#2 Post by Mike Wilson »

Geezo-peezo! Some days you just can't win! Of course, there are those a$$holes out there that just love to mess with people.

Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#3 Post by Bob Forman »

This is my old Jag. Another one I wished I'd kept. In response to your query, I had the same thing happen twice with this car. When I would park it at a store or mall, I'd drive out two or three rows beyond where there were no cars. Twice I did this only to come out and find a car parked next to mine (close) filled with a family of gypsies. Hope I'm not being politically incorrect but the likelihood of that happening twice, I thought at the time, was well beyond normal odds.
Attachments
Jag.jpg
Bob Forman

Jon Bunin
356 Fan

#4 Post by Jon Bunin »

Bob Forman wrote:This is my old Jag. Another one I wished I'd kept.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone...

-Joni Mitchell
Jon Bunin

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brian R Adams »

Bob Forman wrote:Twice I did this only to come out and find a car parked next to mine (close) filled with a family of gypsies. Hope I'm not being politically incorrect but the likelihood of that happening twice, I thought at the time, was well beyond normal odds.
Gypsies just want to be loved. Is that so wrong?
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

John Ward
356 Fan

#6 Post by John Ward »

I had JUST finished putting the 356 back together after getting painted.
I drove it to Lake Arrowhead Village, early in the morning to meet a friend and show him the car.
It was the ONLY car parked in the Village parking lot......
This BOZZO in a BMW parked right next to it and opened the door, BAM ! twice ! two dings in the new paint !

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#7 Post by Bob Forman »

Very sorry John. I suspect most of us know how you feel having suffered the same carelessness. I trust you aren't spending the evening in the gray-bar hotel on an assault rap.
Bob Forman

Jim Nelson
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jim Nelson »

Sorry to hear that, John. It's a real irritation that our cars seem to be knucklehead magnets.

John Ward
356 Fan

#9 Post by John Ward »

Thanks, I think we`ve all dealt with people that don`t respect other peoples stuff.
I thought about waiting around for the guy to show up and deal with him, or to pin strip his car with my car keys, but then I thought I`d end up being just as big of a jerk as this guy was.
Besides, I have the car to be a driver, not a trailer queen. So, I drive it around the mountain roads like I stole it.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#10 Post by Steve Harrison »

A door dinger is actually my biggest fear with my car's paint. I wouldn't mind a bit of "honest" damage like a rock chip or two if it happened,...but some idiot bopping their door into mine just seems like a real waste. This too is why I am reluctant to drive the car to places where I have to park in lots. I try to find parallell parking wherever I can.

Funny parking lot story. I drove my 55 to the local grocery store (yes, I did) and parked it in the far end of the lot. This area has become an informal "for sale" area for folks wanting to sell a used car. There were several there and I figured I'd be ok with the door dingers because they're not actively monitored by the seller and there was no one around wanting to test drive any.
When I went back out there was a small crowd around my car. I am used to this somewhat but in this case more than one of the guys thought I parked it there with the Sentra's and F 150's so I could sell my used car. One even asked "what I might want for it....$20,000?" I said you might want to add a one digit to that and, no it's not for sale,...just enjoying it. He looked a little surprised. Guess he thougth it was a replica or something.

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#11 Post by Steve Harrison »

And Bob,...I don't know Jag's that well,...what year and model is that? 120?
Love that front end picture.

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#12 Post by Bob Forman »

Steve, It was a 1960 Mk II 3.4 Sedan. Green leather interior. The normal engine for that year was a 3.8 but mine had a 4-speed trans with overdrive. I assume the factory felt the need for .4 more liters (or litres) to carry the loss of thrust through an automatic.
Bob Forman