Any Braves fans out there?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Steve Harrison
356 Fan

Any Braves fans out there?

#1 Post by Steve Harrison »

Can't say much other than WOW after watching the first four Atlanta Braves games this season. What a difference,...no big egos, no big overblown underearned salaries,...and more importantly,...far fewer strikeouts, stranded baserunners, and dependence on the long ball. Baseball as it should be. Didn't like losing Kimbrell, but the new guy Grilli seems to be punching it out too.
For a throw away rebuilding season,...it's been fun so far! Maybe they Forrest Gumped the right combo of monkeys to put at the typewriters....

Rosemary Sampson

Re: Any Braves fans out there?

#2 Post by Rosemary Sampson »

Well Steve, we hope the Dodgers (or Cards, I grew up in St. Louis) meet the Braves in the playoffs. Count yourself lucky. We are in the 70% of the LA area that cannot watch the Dodgers on TV. That group includes Vin Scully. Yup, THAT Vin Scully. Hope you have a great season watching the best game ever invented.

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#3 Post by Brian R Adams »

Rosemary Sampson wrote:We are in the 70% of the LA area that cannot watch the Dodgers on TV.
That's a blessing, if only you knew it. Look farther north for quality baseball. Think orange and black.
Welcome to the era of policy-based evidence-making.

Difficile est saturam non scribere (Juvenal)

Dennis Grist
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dennis Grist »

I'm with Brian, only it's not working out too well presently.
Dennis Grist
1964 SC Coupe

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brian R Adams »

Dennis Grist wrote:I'm with Brian, only it's not working out too well presently.
No? Sample size too small to draw conclusions. In 2010 the Giants lost ten in a row. How'd that season turn out? :wink:

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#6 Post by Steve Harrison »

Orange and Black????
Can only mean one thing,...Baltimore Orioles!
(My old "local" team before moving)

Braves have stumbled a bit, as expected. But they played through some serious rain lately, and ya gotta respect that.
I think that if you've got a 'rebuilding' type team, it's sometimes good for a few wins simply because the pitchers don't know much about the new players. I've seen it before when someone gets called up,...they get a hot bat for a while,..then the pitchers get a book up on them, and learn how to pitch them, and suddenly,...things change.
Like Brian said,..sample size too small as yet, for any real conclusions. We'll see.

Brian R Adams
356 Fan

#7 Post by Brian R Adams »

Steve Harrison wrote:Orange and Black????
Can only mean one thing,...Baltimore Orioles!
In northern California?

Steve Harrison
356 Fan

#8 Post by Steve Harrison »

Hey man,..I'm in Atlanta, and when someone says "look North,..and think orange and black...it's the Birds." Haha.

The other thing is that the Braves put up another impressive win tonight. When your ace gets rocked for five homers, and stays in the game,...and you still win,...
That's what I call winning in different ways. Not bad for a throw away season.