And so it begins.....the 904 project!

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

Re: And so it begins.....the 904 project!

#61 Post by Rafik Dous »

Adam, did you know that the Silver Bullet is built around the same concept? On a 914/6 chassis. I didn't know till last week when I read an article from the mid '90s about it

By the way, while your are having the worst snow storms, we here in Melbourne had couple of days of 40deg cel
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.39 KiB) Viewed 6673 times

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#62 Post by Adam Wright »

Rafik Dous wrote:Adam, did you know that the Silver Bullet is built around the same concept? On a 914/6 chassis. I didn't know till last week when I read an article from the mid '90s about it

By the way, while your are having the worst snow storms, we here in Melbourne had couple of days of 40deg cel
I think I remember that car now, I'll have to re-visit it.
The storm was rough, not where I live, nothing happened here, but we made the mistake of taking the kids to NYC to go to the museum that day, it was an adventure for sure!
Attachments
0.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Bob Watts
356 Fan

#63 Post by Bob Watts »

A little more 904 info:
Attachments
aPorsche9049-64SCIa.jpg
Bob Watts

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#64 Post by Adam Wright »

It's killin me that I haven't had time to work on the car, but back to back deals have sucked up all the time. We did a barn clean-out last week and I just did 2000 miles in 3 days to grab 7 Porsches down South. Real life really messes with our dreams!
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#65 Post by Rafik Dous »

Something to keep you going Adam. This one sold in Melbourne few weeks ago for $125k Aussie dollars
Attachments
image.jpeg

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#66 Post by Rafik Dous »

And more pics
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#67 Post by Adam Wright »

Yeah, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side...

I want to get back on the car after Hershey, these back to back deals are filling the yard but leaving little room for fun.
Attachments
11.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#68 Post by Adam Wright »

Ok, so we cleared a bunch of cars out so I felt I had the time to get back on this project. Also, Thursday's I'm at the shop by myself so no distractions. I think I had been dreading this day because it is kind of the point of no return, cutting up the yellow 914. There is no going back now. I will start fitting the rear soon, then move forward. I'll probably send the rear suspension out to the guys at Elephant to get the ball rolling on that.
Attachments
71.JPG
72.JPG
73.JPG
74.JPG
75.JPG
76.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Rafik Dous
Classifieds Moderator

#69 Post by Rafik Dous »

Adam Wright and dangerous power tools don't mix. Didn't you put yourself in hospital last time?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#70 Post by Adam Wright »

Rafik Dous wrote:Adam Wright and dangerous power tools don't mix. Didn't you put yourself in hospital last time?
That was when I made the mistake of only using glasses, I have since gone back to the full faceshield. Bulky but safe.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

ryan base
356 Fan

#71 Post by ryan base »

a man in the moment with his saw, the universe reels

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#72 Post by Adam Wright »

Found some time yesterday to get some cutting done. I was able to start playing with lowering the rear shock towers. The side oil tank might be a problem. I was hoping to leave it alone but it looks like I might have to move it inwards, so the rear body work can clear. I ran out of day, but at least I got some time in.
Attachments
80.JPG
81.JPG
82.JPG
83.JPG
84.JPG
85.JPG
86.JPG
87.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com

M Penta
356 Fan

#73 Post by M Penta »

Glad you are finding the time to continue with this. I like how you are handling the rear towers, is this the biggest obstacle to making the body fit?

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#74 Post by Adam Wright »

M Penta wrote:Glad you are finding the time to continue with this. I like how you are handling the rear towers, is this the biggest obstacle to making the body fit?
That and slicing the 5 inches out of the body, they are the biggies.
www.unobtanium-inc.com

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor

#75 Post by Adam Wright »

I broke away from getting cars out the door and spent part of yesterday and all of today fitting the tail. I was hoping to get away with not having to move the oil tank, but it was just in the wrong spot, so it is now moved.
I had to do some more trimming on the rear and the Supertraps were at the wrong angle, so I removed them for the time being. I'll either modify the angle later or get new ones. My new problem is the rain hats on the carbs are too high. I played around with ideas and I think the simplest thing to do is take off the velocity stacks and cut down the air filer, lowering the whole rain hat, it's worth a try anyway. The worst that could happen is I ruin two air cleaners.
It was good to get back on the project, the 550 build was sucking up all my extra time.
Attachments
92.JPG
91.JPG
90.JPG
93.JPG
89.JPG
88.JPG
www.unobtanium-inc.com