Throttle linkage

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Ron Bastrup
356 Fan

Throttle linkage

#1 Post by Ron Bastrup »

I have a pair of 32NDIX carburetors which originally came with my VW Thing (had to remove them because of smog). Later, when I had them on a Baja bug, someone stole one of the ends of the linkage. Since then, I have been unable to find the missing piece. The carbs are duals with VW part numbers, stock air cleaners and automatic chokes. I would like to put them on my Karman Ghia 1600 VW engine. The linkage is ball and cap type, but is smaller than that found on other linkage systems. What I am missing is one of the caps that screws on the end of the linkage arm and attaches to the carb. Does anyone know where I can find this part? 356 owners, don't get excited, these are Brazilian Solexes (Brisol).

George Walling
356 Fan

Re: Throttle linkage

#2 Post by George Walling »

Ron, I would try one of the faster companies, I know when we were running VW's with duals we use to get ball and sockets from fasn-al I just don't know if all of them carry ball and sockets. Another place might be summit racing parts catalog. They carry lots of specialty carb parts. Sorry best I can come up with & good luck

George
George E Walling

Mike Wilson
Classifieds Monitor

#3 Post by Mike Wilson »

If it's VW related, I'd try CB Performance or Air Cooled.

Mike Wildon
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe
Mike Wilson
Lomita, CA
'63 B coupe

Norm Miller
356 Fan
Tag: Official curmudgeon

#4 Post by Norm Miller »

Ron,

Post the ball size and is it LHT or RHT?
I have lots of bits and pieces of VW, Italian and God knows what.

Norm

Brad Ripley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Brad Ripley »

The usual carb linkage ball socket and ball stud is M8 (that's DIN 71805 for the socket and DIN 71803 for the stud. see for the socket http://www.stoddard.com/900-169-008-02.html I've never seen them smaller than M8.

We have the ball stud under http://www.stoddard.com/900-167-023-01.html

or, maybe I don't understand your question.