NE vs. NW

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Mark Pribanic
356 Fan
Tag: Drive 'Em!

Re: NE vs. NW

#16 Post by Mark Pribanic »

Lets see some foto's of the snow, preferably with your 356 in it! I know I'd take mine out in the snow for some fun if I lived up there ;) Gonna be sunny and 60'sF here in Neptune Beach, Florida.
Mark Pribanic
Registry# 13617
Florida Owners Group Trustee - 2008-2010
Neptune Beach, Florida USA
Instagram: Mark.Pribanic

David Lawrence
356 Fan

#17 Post by David Lawrence »

Just another normal day on top of Mount Washington, New Hampshire.
Not much snow accumulation there, it just blows away.
Attachments
MTWash.jpg
David Lawrence #1087
'64 C Cabriolet (Signal Red/Black Leather)

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#18 Post by Adam Wright »

David, I was there in late summer, and there was frost then. A terrifying drive in a 356, espcially for the passenger who can see there are no guard rails.
Attachments
mtwash.jpg
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan
Tag: Go Gators

#19 Post by Tom Coughlin »

OK Mark Pribanic, this frozen Gator has emailed you one of the '55 coupe. It's now a "sno MO bile"
Tom
 KTF, member #15

Adam Wright
Classifieds Monitor
Tag: KTF

#20 Post by Adam Wright »

Mark Pribanic wrote:Lets see some foto's of the snow, preferably with your 356 in it! I know I'd take mine out in the snow for some fun if I lived up there ;) Gonna be sunny and 60'sF here in Neptune Beach, Florida.
Mark, the snow would be fun, the salt mixed in, not so much.
www.unobtanium-inc.com
Check out my Barn Find column in the Registry magazine, always looking for good stories.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#21 Post by Jim Liberty »

You guys know where I live, I'll say no more. .......................Jim.
Jim Liberty

Jules Dielen
356 Fan

#22 Post by Jules Dielen »

77° and sunny tomorrow for Phoenix. Thinking of you east coast guys while I button down my tonneau cover and go for a drive with the top down.
Jules

Water pumps are for windshield washers only.

Tom Coughlin
356 Fan
Tag: Go Gators

#23 Post by Tom Coughlin »

Note to self. Next August remember to post to all the guys living in warm winter climates that we are driving our cars in beautiful summer weather. Convertibles with the tops down, and coupes joyful to drive without a/c, all during the time when they have to park their cars in the garage because it's too hot to drive.

So you swamp and desert dwellers, just remember to resist the temptation to tell us the temperature where you are while we're in the middle of a big storm. Thanks, Tom
 KTF, member #15

Jon Schmid
356 Fan

#24 Post by Jon Schmid »

Tom, unfortunately here in coastal SoCal we're neither swamp nor desert. Sorry, year round driving.
P.S. Go Seahawks!!!!

Edwin Ek
356 Fan

#25 Post by Edwin Ek »

How about that Mt. Washington weather. 102 MPH gusts. I remember reading once about blimp driving :) Their top speed is usually about 30 mph or so. A pilot was asked what happens when he faces a headwind more than 30 mph. His answer: you turn the blimp around because 60 mph in a blimp is really something.

C J Murray
356 Fan

#26 Post by C J Murray »

Jon Schmid wrote:Tom, unfortunately here in coastal SoCal we're neither swamp nor desert. Sorry, year round driving.
P.S. Go Seahawks!!!!
The weather is nice, in a narrow strip along the coast, but SoCal has plenty of other challenges.
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Jon Schmid
356 Fan

#27 Post by Jon Schmid »

C J Murray wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:Tom, unfortunately here in coastal SoCal we're neither swamp nor desert. Sorry, year round driving.
P.S. Go Seahawks!!!!
The weather is nice, in a narrow strip along the coast, but SoCal has plenty of other challenges.
My bad. I forgot what a Garden of Eden Philly is. :wink:

C J Murray
356 Fan

#28 Post by C J Murray »

Hi Jon,
This picture was taken about 1/4 mile from my house. I think I will be ok. The problem with the SoCal guys is the superior attitude just because of the weather. I like all of CA but there are much better places to live. A few that pop into my mind are Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Tuscany, Como, Ireland, New Zealand, and, hell, I can't name them all. Those are just a few places I really like. I've driven through every state except Alaska and every one has something nice to offer. Every one offers a challenge as well, like earth quakes, brush fires, and whatever it is you guys call that God awful wind that was blowing large debris sideways at 80mph into the side of my 356. Let's not forget the constant bumper to bumper traffic. CA is nice but if it was perfect you wouldn't have people leaving the state in droves. Go Eagles!(sad) :(
Cliff

PS-driving in the snow is actually fun!
IMG_0087.JPG
'57 Speedster
'59 Sunroof
'60 Devin D Porsche Race Car
'63 Cabriolet "Norm"
'67 911 S Original Owner
'03 Ferrari 575M
'09 Smart Passion

Roy Lock
356 Fan

#29 Post by Roy Lock »

Cliff, you are SO right! Why us in SoCal have it soooooo rough. Today, it is a balmy 70*F right now (0915 local) and I had to dress up in sweats and a snow parka to go out to my orange tree and pick my daily orange for breakfast.
image.jpg
I see you have drank the news media Koolaide about LA traffic without considering that rush hour traffic in any large city is just the same. Smog? Try Beijing, Tokyo, or even some cities in Europe. But, hey, we don't anymore of you foreigners coming and settling here in SoCal, so yes, we have massive traffic issues and over crowding, lots of crime, and lots of air pollution. :)
Roy Lock  
Registry #1704
356 Club of SoCal #0018
62 S90 Roadster "Ole Blu"
63 S90 Sunroof Coupe "Fritz"
70 Dodge Challenger T/A "Pinky" 

Jon Schmid
356 Fan

#30 Post by Jon Schmid »

Hi Cliff, pm sent. If I want oranges, I gotta swipe them off my neighbor's tree.