About Sir Winston's genial sense of humour

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Pascal Zundel
356 Fan

About Sir Winston's genial sense of humour

#1 Post by Pascal Zundel »

Lady Nancy Astor: "Winston, you are drunk."
Sir Winston: "Yes, but in the morning I will be sober, while you will still be ugly."
Lady Nancy Astor: "Winston, if I were your wife, I would poison your tea."
Sir Winston: "If you were my wife, I would drink it!"

Pat Daily
356 Fan

Re: About Sir Winston's genial sense of humour

#2 Post by Pat Daily »

A good friend of mine was Churchill's physician at the end of the WWII and told me many stories about him. What sticks in my mind was that Churchill slept in a room of 80 degrees F, stark naked with no covers. He would awaken about 6AM and before his feet touched the floor he had a shot of brandy and a cigar. He lived to a ripe old age.

I am trying to adopt those obviously successful traits, but my bride doesn't care for cigars!
Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA
356B coupe (121123 aka "Fast Frieda") 

neil blaber
356 Fan

#3 Post by neil blaber »

Pat Daily wrote:A good friend of mine was Churchill's physician at the end of the WWII and told me many stories about him. What sticks in my mind was that Churchill slept in a room of 80 degrees F, stark naked with no covers. He would awaken about 6AM and before his feet touched the floor he had a shot of brandy and a cigar. He lived to a ripe old age.

I am trying to adopt those obviously successful traits, but my bride doesn't care for cigars!

don't give her the cigars.....
instagram - neilblaber

Bob Forman
356 Fan

#4 Post by Bob Forman »

The quote attributed to Sir Winston that I've always admired surfaced when he was showing some deference to Adolf Hitler. When asked by a colleague why he was expressing this regard to Herr Hitler Winston said: "It's easy to be nice to someone you're going to kill."
Bob Forman

Mike Ruddy
356 Fan
Tag: https://tinyurl.com/yw3jedrh

#5 Post by Mike Ruddy »

For those who may be interested, we're having a bit of a run on Churchill at the moment. Here a link to some podcast that have been airing on BBC Radio 4 recently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zgqd ... des/player

If you haven't come across Radio 4 before, it comes highly recommended.

Regards, Mike.