Registry Magazine more international content?

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

Registry Magazine more international content?

#1 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Now I understand that this club is very much CA based but am I the only one that was a little disappointed in the non international content of the magazine? I'm still working my work through it but the cover of CLM wasn't great compared to the US events. I'm sure we have lots of European members that could add to the Magazine?

I like seeing more how to do article at the back. As I'm a technical numpty. However, in risk of p*ssing off everybody in the forum at once, the one about coils would of been summarised by don't leave the power on to your coil as it might explode? Actually maybe if I got that from the article then job done.

PS Any chance of a pdf version that way the registry saves trees, money on postage and we overseas boys don't have wait to get it?

Emil Wojcik
356 Fan

Re: Registry Magazine more international content?

#2 Post by Emil Wojcik »

neilbardsley wrote:
PS Any chance of a pdf version that way the registry saves trees, money on postage and we overseas boys don't have wait to get it?
Since you mention saving trees, I assume you're saying to replace the printed publication. I don't know about everyone else, but I already spend way too much time in front of a screen--give me a printed magazine any day.

If you're suggesting having it available in both printed and PDF formats, then dividing the subscription between the two may make the printed version uneconomical to produce, relegating it be abandoned for a strictly digital version. If that happens, I'm out and I'm betting many others would be too. Remember, most of the club members do not use the forums nor do they attend club functions. The numbers would suggest they're paying for a magazine subscription. And although adding a digital version isn't a bad idea, unfortunately, it may only make sense to have the magazine available one way or the other--either printed or digital--not both.
Emil Wojcik
'64 356C Euro coupe
'78 MGB
'86 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3
'94 MB E420

James Davies
356Talk Moderator

#3 Post by James Davies »

There's a PDF version of the magazine available. Click "Magazine" at the top of the page. Not all back issues are available yet, and not all the most current issues are either, but most are. Very useful for looking things up, as you can search by text in them.

Dan Macdonald
356 Fan

#4 Post by Dan Macdonald »

PLEASE…do NOT switch to (only) an electronic version of the magazine.
Keep the printed version….!!!!
Dan Macdonald 
'59 A Coupe (105327) 
'57 Speedster (82954) 
Registry #1921 (1982) 
DMAIA@aol.com
My YouTube Channel: Tinmeister 356

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#5 Post by Neil Bardsley »

It's seems to me a different discussion about printed v pdf. It would be very little effort to make the current magazine available on here. I suspect it's already in electric format before going to the printer so convert to pdf and copy to a directory?

Yes I've read most of the back issues.

Jim Liberty
356 Registry Member
Tag: Jim

#6 Post by Jim Liberty »

There in not even a thought on not having a magazine. Our last pole supported by PCNA indicated it was the most important part of the club, or better said, best feature.

The magazine wil be wth us for many years to come, and there will also be an expansion of the electronic communication at the same time.

.................... Jim.
Jim Liberty

Mike Smith
356 Fan
Tag: Its Only for Fun

#7 Post by Mike Smith »

There in not even a thought on not having a magazine. Our last pole supported by PCNA indicated it was the most important part of the club, or better said, best feature.

The magazine will be with us for many years to come, and there will also be an expansion of the electronic communication at the same time.

.................... Jim.

That is good to hear
Mike Smith (Essex - UK)

Jon Bunin
356 Fan

#8 Post by Jon Bunin »

Mike Smith wrote:That is good to hear
Except that apparently we're down to our last pole.
Jon Bunin

Larry Brooks
356 Fan

#9 Post by Larry Brooks »

Jon Bunin wrote:
Thats OK, here in Oregon we're only allowed to fish with one at a time for Salmon. :)

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#10 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Jon Bunin wrote:
?? Inside joke?

Jon Bunin
356 Fan

#11 Post by Jon Bunin »

Jim Liberty wrote:There in not even a thought on not having a magazine. Our last pole supported by PCNA indicated...
Sorry Neil, didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
I often read things I cannot understand, so must sadly assume I'm just getting old and losing my mind.

Carry on.
Jon Bunin

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

#12 Post by Neil Bardsley »

Jon Bunin wrote:
Jim Liberty wrote:There in not even a thought on not having a magazine. Our last pole supported by PCNA indicated...
Sorry Neil, didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
I often read things I cannot understand, so must sadly assume I'm just getting old and losing my mind.

Carry on.
Sorry I get it now!! Too slow.