Say goodbye to Road and Track

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
Sebastian Gaeta
356 Fan

Re: Say goodbye to Road and Track

#46 Post by Sebastian Gaeta »

Larry Coreth wrote:Or is it the latest generation of sports car gearheads are getting their latest info all from the internet ?
Yup.

In reality, the latest generation of everything is getting their latest info all from the internet.
Sebastian Gaeta
www.arbormotion.com

Registry #8339

'65 C coupe
'64 C cab

-------
2014 Boxster 981
2005 997 C2 Cab
1967 Karmann Ghia Convertible
1966 VW Single Cab
1966 Ducati Cafe Racer
1964 Karmann Ghia Coupe
1963 Beetle

Ashley Page
356 Fan

#47 Post by Ashley Page »

Adam Wright wrote:Back in my magazine days we called it "Advertorial" and it was forbidden at our magazine, except for an occasional fluff piece on a shoe company, but never about music, which was the focus of the book. Would have made my job selling ads a lot easier, but I had to do it on charm and determination.
Posted twice - wasn't me it was this ipad :shock: :P
Last edited by Ashley Page on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ashley Page
356 Fan

#48 Post by Ashley Page »

Adam Wright wrote:Back in my magazine days we called it "Advertorial" and it was forbidden at our magazine, except for an occasional fluff piece on a shoe company, but never about music, which was the focus of the book. Would have made my job selling ads a lot easier, but I had to do it on charm and determination.
Never heard the term Advertorial before but I like it. Very prevalent in my business in the car mags and the trade magazines as well as the car tv shows. They are shameless about approaching you for the business errrr article they would like to publish about your product or company.

The advertorial has also spawned a large number of overnight "experts" in many fields.

Thankfully we have the internet, if used well enough, to help sort out the BS. I went to the barber shop a while back and the barber I go to had an iPad on his shelf. I said something original like "see you got an iPad". He said "that's the barber shop lie detector".