Calling All Devin D Porsche Owners

For off-topic posts only (i.e. non 356 related content). No politics, religion or obscenity. Play nice!
M Penta
356 Fan

Re: Calling All Devin D Porsche Owners

#16 Post by M Penta »

+1 on what CJ said to the letter.

As for Devin's, I never knew much about them. Now I love them and find myself looking for a basket case project I can afford. Interesting history and excellent performance potential, not to mention great looks. Must be a fun car to own.

Neil Bardsley
356 Fan

Re: Calling All Devin D Porsche Owners

#17 Post by Neil Bardsley »

C J Murray wrote:Hi Neil, our level of government oppression is lagging a little behind yours but the answer is both no and yes. Most State laws forbid straight through exhaust, no muffler. Most States also have a maximum allowed level of sound. Both of those would make it hard for that exhaust to be used on the street. Now, as a practical matter, unless you are wide open throttle all the time I doubt any cop would stop you. In fact a very large number of Harley Davidson motorcycles on US streets have straight through pipes that will burst an ear drum with ease. Many Harley morons live by the credo that "loud pipes save lives". My credo is "your loud pipes make me want to run you off the road into a ditch". Neither the Devin or the Harley is that bad at putt putt speeds.
I haven't realised it was a straight through. The first problem over here would be the length from the rear of the car.